Walkie Talkie

Tony20

So let me get this straight...you not only want to bring your 2 year old to a specialty restaraunt but now you want to walk the halls and distrupt people with blasting walkie talkies. Life is not all about you. You REALLY need to have some concideration for your fellow passengers.

Get over it buddy. If you hate kids so much, why don't you check out Celebrity. You know what, Life is not all about you either!

Most of those who do have the walkies probably have them to keep thier kids safe from silly little people like you!

I glad so many count themselves as..........the considerate walkie talkie users.

Well......unless you have an ear piece for the damn thing.......when you are listening to the squawking conversation.........everyone else is forced to listen also......to both sides of the usually inane conversation.

At least with cell phones, we usually only have to listen to half the yapping......with walkie talkies we have to listen to all of it with all the accompanying static.

Our worst experience was listening to a couple.........standing in the front row of the Theater...........calling their friends.........facing the back of the Theater looking for their friends............shouting into the walkie talkie..........to tell them where they were saving seats for them.....:mad:

I glad so many count themselves as..........the considerate walkie talkie users.

Well......unless you have an ear piece for the damn thing.......when you are listening to the squawking conversation.........everyone else is forced to listen also......to both sides of the usually inane conversation.

At least with cell phones, we usually only have to listen to half the yapping......with walkie talkies we have to listen to all of it with all the accompanying static.

Our worst experience was listening to a couple.........standing in the front row of the Theater...........calling their friends.........facing the back of the Theater looking for their friends............shouting into the walkie talkie..........to tell them where they were saving seats for them.....:mad:

Of course if you have the walkie talkies in vibrate mode and text mode, then none of this would apply.

My wife bought some and I refuse to use them. I would only suggest that you be considerate when using them as to the loudness around other people.

Just for reference, we have survived over 25 cruises without them including 5 with our kids.

I want to cruise with YOU! I've survived 25+ cruises without any technical devices (except the last one, where cell phone was turned off, locked in safe, and kept there for the duration). We used to do really silly things with our large groups, like use cabin-to-cabin phones, and taping folded notes on cabin doors. Ooops - my apology! Technical devices used were cabin phones, Scotch tape, and a BIC pen!

Get over it buddy. If you hate kids so much, why don't you check out Celebrity. You know what, Life is not all about you either!

Most of those who do have the walkies probably have them to keep thier kids safe from silly little people like you!

Geez, cruisingjon buddy! Celebrity accepts kids as well as RCI. You're just upset because my team beat your team! Without walkie talkies. With thEIr own ability, too!

26-16. Five straight, you silly little person!

WAR EAGLE

So let me get this straight...you not only want to bring your 2 year old to a specialty restaraunt but now you want to walk the halls and distrupt people with blasting walkie talkies. Life is not all about you. You REALLY need to have some concideration for your fellow passengers.

LOL! Bob, you can't be serious! Lighten up, if you are this tightly wound you must have health problems. One can't be as bitter as you sound without it affecting your blood pressure. If I cared what you thought, I might be offended. I don't though. Enjoy your cruise. May God bless you.....you certainly need it more than most! :D

I just remember a cruise during Cinco De Mio, where there was 685 kids on board and most of them had walki talkies. You could not escape them. The performers in the theater could not make it thru the whole show without a bunch of them squaking. I agree with the one poster. Be couteous and parents tell you kids to do the same.

Us too, 26 cruises, not a communications gizmo in sight. I just go where my DW tells me. :rolleyes:

.....yeah.....I've noticed alot of this........wives walking around the ship........with their husband two steps behind.........dutifully following.......:D

I have to say I have been on ships where the users of walkie-talkies took no one else into consideration. One example, was a woman and I guess her husband, talking about what they were going to do in the cabin later in the day. Sorry, that's too much info for me and those sitting around us.

Having said that, I don't know if you are all aware that RCI rents dect phones. I think they are maybe $25 a phone, but they are great talking on the ship. My family used them last year to have everyone keep in touch. I know they are pricey, but talking on them is like talking on a cell phone and no one has to hear you yelling to have someone else hear you.

They are especially good for kids because it makes them feel like they have onboard cell phones. Just a thought.

Just be aware if you do this, you need to get the the Purser's desk ASAP as they do run out of them

Wow...

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM

As for the walkie talkies. They are GREAT while you are visiting the ports of call.

They do work on the ship but they are limited.

Enjoy!

We cruise a LOT and generally don't use walkie talkies--don't have them, never found a need to buy them. We went with BL and SL once and BL brought walkie talkies--not sure where he got the idea, but, we figured we would humor him and use them.

The first couple of days we were on board, "Lou, Lou, where are you?" and not getting any response. It turned out he didn't carry his. Not sure why he didn't carry his after he bought them, but, there was no point in our having one. So we quit carrying the one he gave us.

We still survived.

...MUCH better than walkie talkies. You get them at Guest Services, I think they cost $25 per phone per week. They work just like a cell phone and are about the same size. You can adjust the ring tone, you can use it to call any phone on the ship (like the one in your cabin). We've used them a couple of times and think they are well worth the cost. They don't work off the ship (bummer!!) but have great clarity on the ship. Much better, much quieter than walkie talkies.

Lynda

Archived