Isla Ixtapa Restaurants

gargoyle999

Don't mean to pop your bubble, but Ixtapa isn't an island. It is an resort area about 5 miles north of the city of Zihautanejo, which is where your cruise ship will pull into the beautiful bay. Stay around Zihau, many restaurant around the bay area.

Don't mean to pop your bubble, but Ixtapa isn't an island. It is an resort area about 5 miles north of the city of Zihautanejo, which is where your cruise ship will pull into the beautiful bay. Stay around Zihau, many restaurant around the bay area.

Well, Ixtapa may not be an island but I think Isla Ixtapa is. I want to try and do some snorkeling which is why we are going out there.

this may be the same island area you go when you do the Ixtapa Island Getaway on Carnival. There is snorkling, jet skis, banana boat.

All the restaurants are basically the same. There is no electricity on the island so all the food comes over everyday with purified ice. Great garlic shrimp, awesome guacamole and chips with limes, chicken tacos, the works. We have eaten at a couple of the restaurants, I think there are 4 or 5 all in a row. It's sort of hard to tell where one ends and the next one starts.

this may be the same island area you go when you do the Ixtapa Island Getaway on Carnival. There is snorkling, jet skis, banana boat.

All the restaurants are basically the same. There is no electricity on the island so all the food comes over everyday with purified ice. Great garlic shrimp, awesome guacamole and chips with limes, chicken tacos, the works. We have eaten at a couple of the restaurants, I think there are 4 or 5 all in a row. It's sort of hard to tell where one ends and the next one starts.

Thanks! Sounds like I won't have to worry about a specific restaurant.

One other question, do the restaurants take both pesos and dollars there?

It is the same place as the Carnival excursion. We are going to do it on our own since Carnival wants $50/pp and it seems like a taxi and panga ride would be a lot less than that. Plus we can leave the ship and come back when we want.

I really just want to go there to try and get some snorkeling in on our cruise next month. But if the conditions aren't good we may want to come back early and explore the mainland a little as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived