Tell me about these Acapulco restaurants....

MaiTaiMary

I'm looking for a place to eat dinner in Acapulco. I've done some searching and these seem to be popular.

Has anybody been to them recently? :) What can you tell me about them?

I'm looking for someplace with good, authentic Mexican food! :D Someplace casual. A view would be a plus.

~Su Casa

~El Zorrito

~El Amigo Miguel

I'm going to do some more searching (and an open to new suggestions!!!) but I was wondering if anybody could give me first hand info on these. thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking for a place to eat dinner in Acapulco. I've done some searching and these seem to be popular.

I'm looking for someplace with good, authentic Mexican food! :D Someplace casual. A view would be a plus.

~Su Casa

~El Zorrito

~El Amigo Miguel

I'm going to do some more searching (and an open to new suggestions!!!) but I was wondering if anybody could give me first hand info on these. thanks!!

It's been years (10) since I've been to Acapulco, but hands down Su Casa. Food was fantastic, blackened red snapper, and the margaritas were great. Very friendly staff and it has the view you're looking for (outdoor patio overlooking the entire bay). Assuming things haven't changed, it's a safe bet.

~Su Casa

~El Zorrito

~El Amigo Miguel

For an experience that is unique to Acapulco, you might want to consider La Perla. It is the restaurant located at (and overlooking) La Quebrada--where the cliff divers are. We had dinner there after disembarking our last Panama Canal cruise. Leisurely dinner that covered 3 of the cliff diving performances (occur hourly). If you do it, I would suggest doing it right around sunset. If you time it right, you could see the cliff divers during daylight, at sunset, and lit up at night.

The atmosphere and type of food smacks of the 50's when Acapulco was a playground for the Hollywood rich and famous. You won't get authentic Mexican food (and what food you will get will not wow you) but you will get a unique Acapulco experience. There are plenty of ports with authentic Mexican food, but only with a place like La Perla.

• 3 months later...

Archived