Sports bar on the Star???

E-rok

So I'm going to be on the Star for the 10/10/09 Mexican Riviera cruise and need advice from anyone that has been on the Star before...

Where am I going to watch football on my "day at sea" on Sunday? It doesn't appear that there is a sports bar and I do not want to hang out in my cabin.

I was on the Carnival Freedom earlier this year and had a blast watching the NBA Championship on the big screen at the pool. It was a great party! Does the Star also do this?

Help!!

So I'm going to be on the Star for the 10/10/09 Mexican Riviera cruise and need advice from anyone that has been on the Star before...

Where am I going to watch football on my "day at sea" on Sunday? It doesn't appear that there is a sports bar and I do not want to hang out in my cabin.

I was on the Carnival Freedom earlier this year and had a blast watching the NBA Championship on the big screen at the pool. It was a great party! Does the Star also do this?

Help!!

From what I've read there is a sports bar, or English pub type place, the 'Red Lion Pub' - good place for popcorn supposedly too - should have the games on.

Make sure you keep it clean when you leave though, we'll be there the next week and will know who messed it up.

There is a very limited channel selection for your cabin and for the public area TVs. It would just be chance that what you want to watch is available and also what others there want to watch. The Red Lion pub is the place to go. Go there before / earlier and befriend the bar tender or server.

Depending on which channel it's on, the ship may or may not be televising it. We just got off the Star's Pacific Coastal repositioning cruise, and their choice of TV channels was pretty limited. They did have ESPN, but that's about the only station I can think of that would have any football games on it.

Help!!

As mentioned above, the Red Lion Pub will be your best bet ;)

There is a very limited channel selection for your cabin and for the public area TVs. It would just be chance that what you want to watch is available and also what others there want to watch. The Red Lion pub is the place to go. Go there before / earlier and befriend the bar tender or server.

That's not hard to do as that was a very friendly crew!:D

This post just made me realize that I will be missing ALL the bowl games this year as I will be on the Star from 12/26 to 1/2!!! YIKES!!!

My DH would never go with me at that time of year. I tried for a Christmas cruise and he said "miss the Rose Bowl? Are you crazy?" So I am leaving in a week for the Mexican Riviera Woo Hoo!!!!:D:D

From what I've read there is a sports bar, or English pub type place, the 'Red Lion Pub' - good place for popcorn supposedly too - should have the games on.quote]

Glad you could remember it, I couldn't. Fish and chips weren't too bad either IIRC.

Archived