Palm Beach airport to Mia or FLL

tak2asprin

Im planning a Cruise for April, and can get great airfare deals to PBI. Wanted to hear the best suggestions to getting to Port Everglades and Port of Miami from PBI.

I know that the Tri-rail runs between the cities. But i noticed in some stations you have to take shuttle busses etc.

Im all up for saving a couple bucks, but if its the difference of a $10 cab ride or 30 min bus ride I would prefer the cab.

I started to do research on the net but wanted to get some first hand advice.

I know for FLL airport the port is only $10 cab ride away.

But I think Port of Mia is further from the Miami Airport, but there is metrotrans station etc.

Any help would be appreciated?

Tak2

Tri-Rail is a great option between Palm Beach and FLL or Miami. At only $5.00 per person, you certainly save money, even if you take a taxi from the station to the port. The FLL station is close to the port, so the taxi fare should be reasonable. For Miami, you can transfer directly from Tri-Rail to the Miami Metrorail. Again, you will be near the port (from the Metrorail station), so the taxi fair should be reasonable.

It might be more convenient to take a shuttle from Palm Beach, but then you might have to deal with heavy traffic between Palm Beach and FLL or Miami. The train is very efficient and avoids potential problems with traffic. It is a trade-off.

I suggest you do some preliminary research on-line for schedules and connections. If you've used public transportation in the past, you shouldn't have any problems figuring it out.

We have family in West Palm, so we didn't take the shuttle from the airport, but had them drop us off at the station. It was very simple and we just took the train to the end of the line, there were taxi's waiting there and we got to the port very quickly. They charge the same amount of $$ from the airport to the port as they do from the train station to the port. I think it was like $17.00. Alot of people got on the train at the FLL station with cruiseline tags on their luggage and got off in Miami transit stop. Didn't know how to do that, but knew where we'd end up if we stayed to the end, so we just stayed on the tri-rail. I'm not sure why, but the lady at the ticket station actually told us to get off at the Miami airport stop, take the shuttle to the airport and get a cab from there, but that seemed like wasted time to us. Maybe someone knows why that was suggesteed???

Karen

• 9 months later...

We have a flight out of W Palm Beach after a cruise and need to know the best way to get to the airport PBI from the port. I've been quoted $120 for two people. Any suggestions? Is the difference in booking a limo the time factor, that they are right there at the designated time, but with a shuttle you have to wait for the van to fill up? Thanks

Also, I've seen many different prices on these boards for the taxi fare between Ft Lauderdale Airport and the pier at Port Everglades, ranging from $10 to $17. Anyone know?

It's roughly an hour drive from Port Everglades to PBI IF there are no accidents or delays. I would want to get off first and book a limo or TownCar, those are private and quickest. If you go with a van service they can make other stops in between, and it can take a lot longer.

We use either Tri-County/Airport Express... http://www.floridalimo.com/

Or Larry's Limo... http://www.larryslimo.com/

Both are reliable, reputable local companies.

As for the taxi fares between FLL and Port Everglades, it's in that range. Port Everglades is a very large facility, the taxi fare varies quite a bit as to what part of the port your ship is docked in, whether the driver takes the most direct route or not, and how long the delay is at the security check point.

Archived