How nice would be a cruise that went to Rio during the Olympics?

WinnipegCruiser

Carnival, as well as other cruiselines, will probably work out a great Rio Olympic Cruise with the ship staying there berthed throughout the Olympics and used as a hotel. :)

For me, it would put an excellent cap on a terrific life.

If you really knew rio, i dont think you would get off the ship. The place is full of crime & slums. You only see the beaches, if you look up the hill it's a mess. I am really surprised they got it but the IOC isnt worried about the homeless there.

If you really knew rio, i dont think you would get off the ship. The place is full of crime & slums. You only see the beaches, if you look up the hill it's a mess. I am really surprised they got it but the IOC isnt worried about the homeless there.

Hey what happened to your Hal thread:confused::D:D

I know that here in Vancouver there are going to be five ships docked here for our Winter Olympics in a few months. Some will be used by members of the public but others have been hired to house Olympic staff such as sercuity personnel.

Oh, by the way, I am doing the single digit dance, anyone jealous?

How nice would be a cruise that went to Rio during the Olympics?

I know that they have cruise ships that stop there.

Not for me. If I want to see the Olympics, I'll fly there. If I want to cruise to the port, I would not want to do so at a time when it is over crowded with other tourist.

:) Rio is like any other large city -- they all have crime and poor areas. If you

go looking for trouble in the wrong neighborhoods - it will probably find you. However, having just spent several days in Rio this past January,

(our ship did an overnite) -- there is much to see and do. Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf, great buildings (lots of graffiti, though), samba

dancers, excellant steak/beef restaurants. :D

The summer olympics will be held during Brazil's "winter" which is cool and

rainy. Not a place I would want to vacation in --- not to mention the

tremendous crowds and exaggerated prices!

Best time for South America is during our fall and winter months.;)

Lol got shut down :D Last i saw some old lady said i was rude for saying fogey, told her you cant take a joke :eek:

ROFLOL....too funny...well I guess it is still ok for any HAL, Royal or whatever to come over here and accuse us of being party hearty jerks LOL

~~~~~ Back on Topic

I am not into sports, watching on tv is fine with me but would not want to go to any Olympics...too many people etc

I would imagine that a cruise to Rio would be a real logisitical nightmare

I know people who went to "Carnival" there and that in itself is quite a traveling feat...you have to have these expensive reservations etc

really sounded like a pain to me...but they did enjoy it but said "once in a lifetime was enough"

I personally would not be interested in a ship to the Rio Olympics...maybe a smaller ship could undertake it?? I do bet it would be expensive LOL

:) Rio is like any other large city -- they all have crime and poor areas. If you

go looking for trouble in the wrong neighborhoods - it will probably find you. However, having just spent several days in Rio this past January,

(our ship did an overnite) -- there is much to see and do. Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf, great buildings (lots of graffiti, though), samba

dancers, excellant steak/beef restaurants. :D

The summer olympics will be held during Brazil's "winter" which is cool and

rainy. Not a place I would want to vacation in --- not to mention the

tremendous crowds and exaggerated prices!

Best time for South America is during our fall and winter months.;)

Exactly right on all counts. I loved Rio but was fortunate to go there in November when the weather was nice. Just like Chicago or any major city you have to be smart with where you go and always be aware.

I would never want to be there for Carnivale or the olympics, enough to see and do without the masses!

Archived