Aft balcony questions on Eurodam....

big al

We loved our aft cabin(wake view) on the Eurodam. We were in 4186

The cabin was larger than I expected. The balcony though not as deep as other Vista ships, was lovely.

No noise ,except for the wonderful wake:) No soot that I could see.

Views were spectacular.

It was a quiet area of the ship and we would booked that location again in a heartbeat.

H:)ppy Sailings

We loved our aft cabin(wake view) on the Eurodam. We were in 4186

The cabin was larger than I expected. The balcony though not as deep as other Vista ships, was lovely.

No noise ,except for the wonderful wake:) No soot that I could see.

Views were spectacular.

It was a quiet area of the ship and we would booked that location again in a heartbeat.

H:)ppy Sailings

Colleyberry- Thanks for your info-sounds great!!

Big Al

Colleyberry,

We are in cabin 4183 for our Feb. sailing! :) It's always fun to see that somebody else has been there and can report on the experience.

It will be our first aft cabin--had to convince my DH that it might be worth a try.

What were sailaways from the different ports like--can you see both port and starboard when you are on that balcony or is mostly starboard?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys-anybody stay in an aft balcony SPECIFICALLY on the Verandah,Upper Ver., and Rotterdam decks on the Eurodam? Any soot probelms? Noise? View? Looks like a nice,open view.....Thanks!

Big Al

I stayed in 5192 on the Verandah deck. I can't recall soot problems and the view is unmatched. The wake is mesmerizing to listen to and watch. I looked forward to getting back to my cabin each night so I could kick back out there with a nightcap and listen to the churning water while being gently rocked. Pure heaven, I tell you. It's extremely quiet back there because there are so few rooms and the hall doesn't go anywhere except from port to starboard. You'll love it!

Diane

I stayed in 5192 on the Verandah deck. I can't recall soot problems and the view is unmatched. The wake is mesmerizing to listen to and watch. I looked forward to getting back to my cabin each night so I could kick back out there with a nightcap and listen to the churning water while being gently rocked. Pure heaven, I tell you. It's extremely quiet back there because there are so few rooms and the hall doesn't go anywhere except from port to starboard. You'll love it!

Diane

Diane -great description...but you're kiliing me with it-this is for NEXT November,2010!!!

Big Al

We were in 5192 on the Eurodam. No soot problems that I recall. The veranda is smaller than those on the Noordam, but it's still wonderful to sit out therre and watch the wake. We have no info on different ports since we were on the 3 day intro from NYC. There was very little noise and a great view.

Colleyberry,

We are in cabin 4183 for our Feb. sailing! :) It's always fun to see that somebody else has been there and can report on the experience.

It will be our first aft cabin--had to convince my DH that it might be worth a try.

What were sailaways from the different ports like--can you see both port and starboard when you are on that balcony or is mostly starboard?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Sparkle.

If you love the wake,you'll love this location.:) Just step out your door and there it is.

Aside from finding the cabin larger than we expected we didn't feel as if we were viewing the wake from a side angle at all. It felt very centered.

As for the vistas from your balcony ,you get to see both sides(starboard and port) just a little after everyone else:D

The sunrises and sunsets are all the more beautiful with the wake adding it's finishing touch.

Wine or coffee depending on the time of day and life doesn't get much better.:)

The cabin. colors are soft earth tones ,very easy to live with. If you have sailed Hal before you know the beds are a treat. Nice thread count in the linens. Shower pressure was super,storage was just fine for our needs .We were very comfortable

Check out the deck plans there is a staircase(I think for crew use) close by , makes for easy access to promenade.

Use the glass elevators(never seemed busy)Press 11 and you'll find your self in "magic land" the doors will open to the Tamarind and Silk Den

Well now that I am good and homesick.:D I wish you a wonderful cruise and hope you enjoy this lovely cabin as much as we did.

Diane

Hi Diane ,

We just can't help ourselves can we?:D How I wish I was "wake viewing" right now

Colleen

Oh, my goodness! All of you have me checking my own countdown clock!

We LOVE the wake. It is one of the main reasons we want a balcony--the way that water looks when it is gently churning and turning that lovely, almost indescribable color of blue. And the way the sea sounds, the soft shuussshh shuuussshhh shuussshhh. We spend a lot of time standing at the railing, usually with a glass of wine or martini in hand (and yes, coffee in the morning). The experience makes us grateful.

Such nice tips--The glass elevators to deck 11! Got it! We have reservations for two nights at Tamarind.

And we have been Princess pax until now--this will be our first HAL cruise. Our hopes are high. :)

Thank you very much for the wonderful descriptions of the cabin, the wake view, and the other little tidbits of info.

Hi All

Those of you travelling 4183 Eurodam,...my avatar is the wonderful wake at sunrise from this balcony. It's a photo of me taking a picture of the cabin ...which ended up reflected in the balcony glass doors (photography not my forte:D)

I envy you all your adventure. Enjoy:)

I love reading about cabin 4183 on the Eurodam. We will be in that cabin in December. Does anyone know why it is classified as a Cat. VB & not a VA? Also, if anyone has pictures of cabin 4183...we'd love to see them. :)

So would I. Hey Colleen?? Calling on you my friend for photos:D

Sorry no dedicated cabin photos...what good am I ?:rolleyes:

Manycruises, I to wondered why the VB cat...as far as I could determine there was no difference from the other cabins at the stern. In fact if you look at the deck plans 4183 appears a little wider than the ones in the middle.of the stern. I was just happy with the slight reduction in fare:)

Oh there might be one little draw back ,you are right next door to the corner aft suite... resulting in a litlle cabin envy:D No worries, the wake and the sunset will be just as wonderful from your balcony:)

We were in 8173 last Thanksgiving and had no soot problems. Also, no noise problems even though the aft pool area was right over us. Loved it although the deck area was not as large as the corner suite we had on the Oosterdam two years earlier. Alas, the refits on the Vista class ships have taken away the huge decks on the aft suites. :(

Sorry no dedicated cabin photos...what good am I ?:rolleyes:

Manycruises, I to wondered why the VB cat...as far as I could determine there was no difference from the other cabins at the stern. In fact if you look at the deck plans 4183 appears a little wider than the ones in the middle.of the stern. I was just happy with the slight reduction in fare:)

Oh there might be one little draw back ,you are right next door to the corner aft suite... resulting in a litlle cabin envy:D No worries, the wake and the sunset will be just as wonderful from your balcony:)

I thought about that too....but then I thought about all the excursions I could take and things I could do with the extra money:D

We were in 4185 last year. It was very quite and one of the best cabins we have had. The aft wake is mesmerising. There was no soot and i would love to have this cabin again.

Our best freinds were in 4187 next door and theirs was narrower than ours but a few inches longer.

We are in 6175 Oct 24. This will be the second time we have had an aft suite and I am looking forward to it. The first time was on a Princess cruise to Panama. We loved it then and had no problems at all. Loved how quiet it was back there. My cousin and his wife cruise a lot and always opt for an aft suite if available.

• 1 month later...

Archived