Carnival Site Maintenance

cjar855

The Carnival site is down for maintenance.:eek:

We apologize for any inconvenience but our site will be unavailable

beginning October 2nd at 8 PM EST. We'll be back up and running on

October 3rd after 2 PM EST.

Consider yourself lucky!

RCCL's website NEVER works. I tried for 3 days to make a booking finally it would allow me to reserve it but not pay for it. After 48 hours of trying to make a payment i had to call it in. Now i have a coupon and after 6 days of trying i still cant apply my coupon.

I usually sail Royal Caribbean but was thinking about sailing on the Carnival Dream out of New York next month.

Wanted more info but the site is down! Came here to see if anyone had any inside information on why it was down.

Anyway, I know site maintenence is normal so I am not going to bad mouth Carnival.

On another note though, the Royal Caribbean site has always been great for me. I've booked multiple cruises for myself and 40+ reservations for others with no problems. I'm not sure if the above poster was trying to take a jab at RC in defense of Carnival but I would have to completely disagree with what they said.

I'm not sure if the above poster was trying to take a jab at RC in defense of Carnival but I would have to completely disagree with what they said.

Did i say anything about Carnival's website being so much better? No i didn't. I am not a fan boy of either line or i wouldn't be sailing on RCL for a second time.

Doesn't change the fact that RCL has a really sh*ty excuse for a website that doesn't work. Maybe it is hooked up to your C&A number and it works for their "special" members but for me the thing has been a piece of crap.

If my companies website was inoperable as often as RCCL's website was the whole IT department would be fired.

I am the consumer and i should be able to choose how i do business with the company. Their website is a disgrace and if i had ANY choice other then RCL for my dates of travel i would cancel and move along. Not because i dont like RCL but because i shouldnt have to FIGHT to be their customer on thier website.

PS since the "site" works for you anyway you could log on and apply my coupon? I have been trying for a week and 4 emails have got me nowhere

I never said anything bad about Carnival. I never said you didn't have a bad experience. All I said was that I am a frequent user of the RC and had no problems. Will site maintence on Carnival.com keep me off the Dream, probably not. Since you decided to freak out on me, I decided to respond to your comments...

"Did i say anything about Carnival's website being so much better? No i didn't. I am not a fan boy of either line or i wouldn't be sailing on RCL for a second time."

Never called you a fan boy. I am just saying I have made close to 50 reservations on the site and have never had a problem. When I book I also do a "dummy booking" close to every day to see if there is a price drop.

"Doesn't change the fact that RCL has a really sh*ty excuse for a website that doesn't work. Maybe it is hooked up to your C&A number and it works for their "special" members but for me the thing has been a piece of crap."

You have been on a RC cruise, you can sign of for C&A and be special, too! You don't really get much until you've taken 5 cruises with them but it is better than nothing.

"If my companies website was inoperable as often as RCCL's website was the whole IT department would be fired."

So you want people to lose their jobs over one person thinking the website is terrible, even though another person has made close to 50 bookings with no problem. I hope people arent as criticle about you at your job.

"I am the consumer and i should be able to choose how i do business with the company. Their website is a disgrace and if i had ANY choice other then RCL for my dates of travel i would cancel and move along."

I think this is a very funny statement. You say you should be able to choose how you do business with the company yet RC is the only one that can provide you with the vacation dates you desire.

I"I am the consumer and i should be able to choose how i do business with the company. Their website is a disgrace and if i had ANY choice other then RCL for my dates of travel i would cancel and move along."

I think this is a very funny statement. You say you should be able to choose how you do business with the company yet RC is the only one that can provide you with the vacation dates you desire.

Again it is a matter of dates as i am in school, if Carnival, HAL, Princess, or the SS Love Boat had a similar itinerary i would cancel now and sail on them as RCL's website/customer service has turned me off so bad.

You can rack this up to "Oh another cruise critic fan boy is annoyed" but the fact of the matter is i am annoyed by their sh*ty website that doesn't work.

I am glad it was worked for you 50+ times, i wish i could be as lucky.

I am in college majoring in Computer Science so i know its not a matter of me not knowing what i am doing. Their website needs to be redone from the ground up and YES any IT department that can consider this a functional website deserves to be fired.

Archived