Roll call on Viking Legend 5/16-5/30 2010

UUCruiser

Who will be joining Shar & I on this Grand European Tour starting in Budapest, Hungary on May 16th and ending in Amsterdam, Netherlands on May30th. Hopefully the Viking Company has solved all of the shakedown problems with its newest ship on its maiden voyage.

We are taking a TA cruise (Princess Star (from Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen). Then we eventually want to Space A back to the Florida, USA via England.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ed & Shar, We are also booked on the Viking Legend for May 16 2010 from Budapest to Amsterdam. We have been on ten cruises up to now, the latest being on the Azamara Quest "Best of Italy" May 16/09. This will be our first river cruise so we're looking forward to it. Karin speaks German, so this will help as I heard many of the crew are German speaking.

I read a couple of bad reviews on the first trips on the Legend, but like you, hope the problems have been overcome ny now.

Cheers! Des and Karin, Toronto, Canada.

Welcome Aboard Des and Karen,

Now Shar and I don't feel so alone. I just checked the Viking web site and it appears that our May 16th cruise is all booked up (as is every other May cruise). Must be something to do about the tulips in bloom! Anyhow, there are 98 staterooms with room for 189 guests. Now Shar & I have one cabin ( CAT B 221) and Des and Karen have another. That leaves 96 cabins and 185 guests who have not checked in to our roll call.

If you out there, Let's hear from you. Who will be joining us on this 15-day Grand European Tour aboard this new ship as it navigates the water of five nations, including the Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia, Austria, and Hungary.

I have been on a Danbue River cruise before and it was great. It was Peter Deilmann MV Mozart Passau - Budapest - Passau.

• 3 months later...

Hi Ed and Shar, Are you and we still the only people on this roll call?

At the moment we are down in your neck of the woods: Marco Island. We are spending two months here to escape the Toronto weather. It has been a little! warmer.

Only about three months before we board the Viking Legend! We're looking forward to it, and to meeting you both.

Cheers! Des & Karin.

Archived