Alaska--Vancouver Roundtrip--Air ???'s

Sheltieluv

Good afternoon, everyone.

We are looking at the June 9 Vancouver round-trip cruise on the Regent Navigator. We are US citizens and live about a 4-hours' drive from Toronto. Since Regent offers "included" air from Toronto, we would drive over the day before and spend the night near the Toronto airport.

I did a flight search, and I am seeing AirCanada non-stops to Vancouver, which would be great. (We actually live near Rochester, NY, but of course there would be connections, and just plain more hassle.) There are several flight times to choose from departing Toronto. My questions are:

1. Should we still pay the $100 pp deviation fee to ensure that we would in fact get a non-stop flight at the time we want it, or can we assume that since we would be flying the day of the cruise, that Regent would automatically schedule us accordingly? (hopefully w/ no connecting flights) Note that we have never used cruise/air before, so I'm new at this aspect of travel.

2. On the return---and this may be a dumb question, so bear with me:o-would we clear customs in Vancouver before flying, or in Toronto after arrival? As US citizens, when we debark the Navigator in Vancouver and go to the airport, since we would be on an AirCanada flight (again, I'm assuming) I'm just not sure what the protocol would be, because we're Americans and not Canadians.

3. Could we make an 11 a.m. flight, since it would be on a Wednesday? (We don't want to overnight again in Toronto on our return, but drive home that night).

I hope these questions make sense, and I thank you for your help! I look forward to hearing from someone.

Hello neighbor!! I live north of Syracuse..Hubby and I just did an alaskan cruise out of Vancouver and flew out of Syracuse..We did have a two hour layover in Chicago O'Hare and then flew into Vancouver.. When we returned there were alot of people that had alot of issues with air canada.We don't know what they were but they were unhappy..In Vancouver airport you will go through Canadian customs and US customs..It wasn't that big of a deal but do get there atleast two hours ahead of time..I would be careful about a 11:00 flight..I suggest a later one.. Good Luck and enjoy!!! :)

Hello everyone

Just wanted to post a big thank you to all of you for your advice. I have been given so much helpful info on this board!

joeandaimeesmom--hello to a fellow Northern New Yorker! I was interested to hear that AirCanada passengers were having some issues. Hmmmm, very interesting....

Hope you enjoyed your cruise; we went last year on HAL's Westerdam and it was very enjoyable, but we would like a smaller ship and think the Navigator would suit us.

Thanks again to all of you wonderful CC folks!

Archived