Clock in AE Penthouse STAR

llam

Thx for the info-I'll be sure to pack my travel clock. I frequently wake up way too early when I am on vacation, so knowing the exact time helps.

don't bring a plug-in clock...it will run slow (50 cycles vs 60 cyles on board). Battery operated clock is what you want. Or ... Some people just use their cell phone alarm.

Won't they call you a bit before they deliver pre-arranged room service? My plan is to order just a bit from room service - juice, coffee, pastries, etc., in the morning to have a little something before heading out to breakfast. That plus a wake up call seems like it would be enough for us.

I know we have sailed twice in 9232 on the Star and my memory is there is no lighted alarm clock in the suite, only a dial clock on the bedside table. If you want to be able to see the clock during the night or early morning bring something that is a glow in the dark dial clock or a battery operated digital clock. There is the automated wake up call thingie mentioned above, but I found it to be some what complicated to use.

Pack a clock, cell phones don't work at sea.

I don't understand this statement. What are you referring to? Aside from the fact that my cell phones work at sea, I keep and bring an old cell phone for the sole purpose of using as a back up alarm clock. It works just fine on land and at sea! :D

I don't understand this statement. What are you referring to? Aside from the fact that my cell phones work at sea, I keep and bring an old cell phone for the sole purpose of using as a back up alarm clock. It works just fine on land and at sea! :D

My cell phone (verizon) kept "searching for service" while we were on our last cruise. In so doing, the clock on it would not even work. I always use it while we travel as my alarm clock and keep it on the bedside table. I had to use DH's watch with the back light to see the time at night:o

Archived