Exact differences on NCL and Pride of America pls

flashdog_1

We booked a balcony on PofA and I was looking forward to having breakfast and/or lunch in a separate dining room, but found out that that perk is not available on PofA since only one dining room is open for breakfast (besides the buffet and Cadillac Diner) and NO main dining room is available for lunch. (the exception being for suites. But I am asking about balconies). This sounds like predictable chaos for the buffet! But since the time that I learned that from our own OhioCruiser, James, who said dining rooms are closed since 95% of the pax are on shore, I read a review that spoke of lunch in the main dining room. So, has that changed as well?

Are robes given to balcony passengers like on NCL?

Can balcony passengers book surcharge restaurants 48 hours ahead of time like on NCL?

I did see a list of restaurant times recently and it appears that PofA starts serving breakfast earlier (nothing to do with balconies).

Are there any other differences I should be aware of? Thanks so much.

For breakfast, especially if you want the buffet at the beginning of the cruise, go to the very back of the Aloha Cafe and eat outdoors. It seemed to take a while for most passengers to figure out they could do this, so for the first 2-3 days it wasn't very crowded. The line was usually shorter for the omelet station too. Plus it was nice eating breakfast outside and the temperatures were usually mild at that time of day.

Yes to robes

Yes to 48 hours for balconies

Not sure what time but I'm guessing 6:30 am

No other perks for balconies that I can think of.

Don't forget that if you are going to be rushed one morning there is always room service.

We did Hawaii on Pride of Hawaii 2008 on its last vogage in Hawaii and loved it. The only real difference is with the crew being mostly American and unionized. So 8 hours days and 5 days a week, which means you may experience different room stewards but no big deal.

We are also booked for b2b on POA 2010.

Archived