30 days to go, all packed...now what?

jerseygirl79

Maybe I am different, but I pack the night before. Of course I travel for business a lot so I am used to it. I do enjoy packing for cruise much better.

WOW!!!! I could never do that, I know that I would forget something!

Maybe I am different, but I pack the night before. Of course I travel for business a lot so I am used to it. I do enjoy packing for cruise much better.

Same here. I'll keep tweaking my list until a couple days before, then I'll print it out, and start packing the day before it's time to go. Although, I may do a trial run this time, as my large suitcase bit the dust last cruise, and I want to see if I can cram everything in my midsize for 4 days without buying a suitcase right now. :o

WOW!!!! I could never do that, I know that I would forget something!

Sometimes we don't pack until the taxi is on the way to take us to the airport...There is very little that if we forget it that we can't pick up..

As long as we remember the underwear everything else can be taken care of (neither my wife of I are the "commando" types)

I pack the night before also...less wrinkles! :D

Going to Vegas next saturday (for a week) and packing this morning! Suitcase already looks TOO FULL - and I am scared to weigh it (and you know I will be throwing in some things here and there during the week?)

Anyhow the stuff in there is mostly CRUISE STUFF - nice/dressier clothes for evening, casual for daytime - flipflops, sandals, sunscreen, sunhat, etc.....only thing missing is the lanyards! :D:D Cruising in January and thinking I should just clean and repack everything and I'll be all set to go again! ha ha ha

First cruise I packed a week before and every time I looked at the suitcase I added something, so now I gather until the day before and then pack. It's worked out well for me. I have things on hangers and they don't get wrinkled.

Two years ago we were returning from Scotland on the Queen Mary2 and I had to ship our formal clothes to Southampton to meet the ship so we didn't have to lug them around Scotland for two weeks. That was really traumatic, seeing your formal dress and DH's tux leave a week before we did and wondering if they would show up in our cabin three weeks later. Cunard came through and the bag was waiting for us.

am always surprised when people say they pack so early. How do you remember what you have packed? lol

if it works for you, that's great. I personally pack the week of my trip as I tend to shop up until right before. :D

to kill the time between now & the cruise, you could plan a precruise party for you & cruisemates. Make piña colidas & listen to Bob Marley!!! Haha

We had to say this...you can always prepare for the cruise by reading an adventure book about the islands! Put on a flowered shirt or sun dress...get a drink with one of those funny little umbrellas, and enjoy!

We know, shameless self promotion. Oh well,

Bill and Debra

Just packed my suit case last night. I'm ready to go!!! One problem... my ship doesn't pull out for 30 days. *sigh* What to do to pass the time!!!

Things to do:

Lay out on a chaise lounge with sunglasses on, catch a few rays.

Practice drinking the DOD. Repeatedly.

Do a few dance steps. After the DODs, it's been said my dancing get better.

Peruse the CCL website for the next cruise...

Same here. I'll keep tweaking my list until a couple days before, then I'll print it out, and start packing the day before it's time to go. Although, I may do a trial run this time, as my large suitcase bit the dust last cruise, and I want to see if I can cram everything in my midsize for 4 days without buying a suitcase right now. :o
I have a list I tweak too. I keep tweaking it til the week before (I'm now 16 days away), then decide at the last minute that THIS would work better than THAT. Now that I found out mine is a Halloween cruise, I'm tweaking costume & accessories. I'm also cramming for 70's & 80's music trivia contests!

Archived