Bus to turtle farm

Lolotte

We did dolphin discovery in May and with our dolphin admission, we got free tickets to the turtle farm, which is next door. We paid the extra $20 to use the whole park area at the turtle farm...the lagoon was really cool for snorkeling. Anyway, I really enjoyed the turtle farm. We took the city bus which is only $2 pp VS $13pp, (something ridiculous like that) They run all day every hour on the same route. When you get off the tender cross the street and go up a block to your left and there is a bus stop there. If you are unshore, just ask a cop or a local in one of the shops. They all know, most of them ride the bus themselves.

Nancy,

Our ship, the Freedom, is supposed to arrive at 7:00 am. we have a Dolphin swim scheduled for 9:00am. Any trouble timewise hopping a bus to the dolphin adventure or should we cab it to make sure. Bus return will be easy. Also, do the drivers take US dollars or do I have to get Caymen bucks?

tom

Cabs take US money.

If you're coming from EST don't forget we're on daylight (EDT) savings time until November 1. After that, you'll be on the same time schedule, otherwise the ship's time is one hour ahead, which would mean you have more than enough time.....:D

When you get off the tender cross the street and go up a block to your left and there is a bus stop there.

Yep, and even if you are just walking down the street, the local cabs (minivans) will honk as they go by to see if you want a ride. So you just flag them over. The bus ride was $1.50 from the port to the Dolphin place/turtle farm. Then $1.50 back.

We toured the Turtle farm and enjoyed it. I like the idea that some of them will be released back into the wild....Then we went to HELL for a short visit, and then the RUM store. Our trip was from the ship listing, RCI. Enjoy, JY.

Yep, and even if you are just walking down the street, the local cabs (minivans) will honk as they go by to see if you want a ride. So you just flag them over. The bus ride was $1.50 from the port to the Dolphin place/turtle farm. Then $1.50 back.

How long a bus ride?

• 2 weeks later...

We went here last week on the mixed, stingray, turtle and hell tour through Carnival. Drive was short through town, maybe 15 minutes. They have bins of turtles of different ages and ones they set free and others sold to market. You get to hold a turtle in one of the areas. There is a room where they show you their eggs and hatchings. It was nice and don't regret seeing this. I don't think I'd make a special trip just for this tour, but if included or low cost, I'd see it once.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived