The Baths

CRUISERSWITHKIDS

We will be in Tortola in January aboard the Caribbean Princess. We prefer to book through the cruise line for our excursions but the excursion to the baths is already waitlisted. Does anybody know if they generally open more up for this? It seems odd to me that such a popular attraction didn't have more openings available. (I tried to book this as soon as it was available.)

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be cruising on the Caribbean Princess in February 2010 (a month later than you) and have made the "initial" reservation with the cruise line. We were trying to book the same tour as you (The Baths) but the excursion is completely closed. I was doing the initial research online on the Princess Cruise Lines website and there doesn't even seem to be a waitlist.

I'm wondering the same thing as you: if The Baths excursion is so popular, why aren't there more excursion opportunities? It seems like Princess is either not willing to do that or aren't prepared for how popular some of their excursions are. My husband and I would rather book with the cruise line (which has some advantages) than take a chance on a independent charter.

Does anybody have any experience with how Princess does their excursion bookings? Is it all first come, first serve (like it seems with other cruise lines like Carnival) or do they open up more bookings for the same excursion?

Can anybody also tell me if the Dolphin Swim excursion is worth going through Princess or booking it through Dolphin Discovery, where the excursion will take place? How 'bout the Coast to Coast Scenic Drive excursion?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Archived