Where to stay in Mobile,Al

tomfromTN

Going on the Holiday the 15th and looking for hotel with parking and a shuttle. Any ideas?

http://mobile.org/

When you go to this site, click on "Accomodations" under the visitor box on the top left of the page. There will be a very thorough listing of hotels and motels. The Radisson Admiral Semmes and the Renaissance Riverview Plaza are two very nice hotels that are very close to the terminal. The both have park and cruise shuttle packages in the $119-$129 range (last I heard), but you would be advised to call them directly at the listed phone numbers, as their online booking doesn't necessarily give the cruise package rates. There are also many other motels that will have cruise packages that allow parking for the duration. If you were to decide on the Renaissance, I recommend that you ask for a south facing room so that you will be able to see the ship at the terminal when you look out your window.

• 1 month later...
http://mobile.org/

When you go to this site, click on "Accomodations" under the visitor box on the top left of the page. There will be a very thorough listing of hotels and motels. The Radisson Admiral Semmes and the Renaissance Riverview Plaza are two very nice hotels that are very close to the terminal. The both have park and cruise shuttle packages in the $119-$129 range (last I heard), but you would be advised to call them directly at the listed phone numbers, as their online booking doesn't necessarily give the cruise package rates. There are also many other motels that will have cruise packages that allow parking for the duration. If you were to decide on the Renaissance, I recommend that you ask for a south facing room so that you will be able to see the ship at the terminal when you look out your window.

I called the Radisson Admiral Semmes Hotel and spoke directly to the reservations supervisor. She told me the price of the Park and Cruise Package was $219.00 and that it had not been the price of $109.00, as listed on the 2009 Mobile Bay Convention and Visitors link, for a long time. Do not know if the price listed is an error by the Radisson or the MBCV website but a price increase of over $100.00 in less than a year should be corrected.

I called the Radisson Admiral Semmes Hotel and spoke directly to the reservations supervisor. She told me the price of the Park and Cruise Package was $219.00 and that it had not been the price of $109.00, as listed on the 2009 Mobile Bay Convention and Visitors link, for a long time. Do not know if the price listed is an error by the Radisson or the MBCV website but a price increase of over $100.00 in less than a year should be corrected.

Wow, that's a BIG increase. May be time to quit recommending them. Did you call the Renaissance Riverview? Last I heard they were around $129 for park and cruise as well. Unless they have recently gone up.

Wow, that's a BIG increase. May be time to quit recommending them. Did you call the Renaissance Riverview? Last I heard they were around $129 for park and cruise as well. Unless they have recently gone up.

I just looked directly on the Radisson website for our stay date in January and there is a Park and Cruise Package for $137 - which also includes breakfast for two.

We are staying there, but flying in and don't need to park a vehicle.

The Homewood Suites Mobile out by the airport recently offered a park and cruise package for $109 (regular $139) for a one-bedroom king-bed suite (we like having a suite so we have a separate bedroom and our 4-year-old DD can sleep on the sofabed rollaway). You might want to check the Hilton website to see what the rate before your cruise is.

• 3 weeks later...

We finally figured out what was going on with the downtown Mobile hotels for Jan. 29th, night before our Jan. 30th cruise. Well, Mardi Gras starts on----you guessed it, Jan. 29th! So, all the downtown hotels that normally have a park and cruise package either don't have it at all during MG, or the price is jacked up double or triple! Moral of our story is---check hotel rates for your "proposed" cruise date needs before actually booking your cruise, if at all possible. Although it would be fun to just walk out and go to the MG parade, we got a fabulous deal at the Hilton Garden Inn on the east side of the bay. $80 military rate, free parking, and out of the goodness of one of their employee's heart, they are personally going to drive us to the cruise terminal and pick us up when we return! If the hotel and room turn out to be a wonderful as their customer service so far, well, I'll always stay at that Hilton Garden Inn!;)

Archived