14day panama canal with kids....suggestions;-)

thefudgecompany

Hi, my family and I will be doing a 14 day panama canal trip in January. We have 2 kids 6 and 3. I would love any suggestions on things to bring with us to help entertain the kids and any thoughts on kid friendly excurison would be fabulous. Thanks in advance for all of your helpful suggestions.

Sherry

If you are needing a break, there is a kids club that I know the 6 yr old can attend. I am not certain about your youngest though.

As for things to bring, books, games whatever light that amuses them at home would be ideal to bring with you

Our oldest is in 1st grade in thankfully his teacher said it sounded like a great experience for him. We will be hitting Cartagena; Puntarenas; Puerto Quetzal; Huatulco; Acapulco; Cabo San Lucas; We want to zip line with our 6 yr old in Puntarenas, but otherwise are not sure what we will do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Of those ports, I've only been to Cabo.

I took my 7 year old daughter to Cabo dolphins last week and she LOVED it. She had a great time and the photos were amazing. Pay the extra to buy the photo cd, it's worth it. They won't let you take any photos on your own. They have a dolphin kids program that is designed for younger kids. They cancelled it our week because of low sign-up (few kids in September), but let us sneak her into the dolphin encounter group even though she was a few months shy of the minimum age.

I've done the snorkeling/kayaking trip at Cabo, too, but that wouldn't be kid-friendly. They have some nice beaches there and the folks over at the Mexican Riviera Ports board could let you know which are best for kids. I've heard you can get a pretty basic water taxi tour around the arches to see the cliffs and the sea lions for a pretty low price. I've also saw several glass-bottom boat rides. I don't have any first-hand knowledge of these, but it sounds like fun.

Have a great time! That's my dream cruise.

Karen

We're taking a similar cruise in 1/2011...no kids though! Woo hoo!

I think going to the beach with the kids is an economical way to spend a fun day(s) with the kids. Pick beaches that you can snorkle or feed fish. Ziplining sounds wonderful for adventurous kids, too.

Have fun!

Archived