Post Cruise Time to spare!!

jtudds

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help with any ideas or recommendations?

We are from the UK, myself, wife and 2 children 9 & 11 and we will be disembarking the Sky at Miami on 30th October.

This is our 4th cruise, and usually our return flight to the UK has been early afternoon so has not been a problem. This time however it is at 9.00pm! so would be looking for something to do i suppose until 6-7pm.

So, i am trying to find either a tour that would last most of the day, either one that exists or private tour guide, or other options is day room at a hotel. Difficulty i have being in the UK is only available to look and try and arrange on the internet, and getting replies can be problematic.

Anyone any ideas or suggestions, i would be extremely grateful.

Regards

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help with any ideas or recommendations?

We are from the UK, myself, wife and 2 children 9 & 11 and we will be disembarking the Sky at Miami on 30th October.

This is our 4th cruise, and usually our return flight to the UK has been early afternoon so has not been a problem. This time however it is at 9.00pm! so would be looking for something to do i suppose until 6-7pm.

So, i am trying to find either a tour that would last most of the day, either one that exists or private tour guide, or other options is day room at a hotel. Difficulty i have being in the UK is only available to look and try and arrange on the internet, and getting replies can be problematic.

Anyone any ideas or suggestions, i would be extremely grateful.

Regards

With your kids age's , I'd say one of the EverGlade tours. Go see the Aligators and maybe an Air boat ride . That should kill a day .;)

I am in total agreement re the "airboats" in the Everglades. I did it as an adult and was fascinated. They stop at an island where you get to handle a baby alligator (if you want to only) which on our trip was a real perk for a lady from the UK who'd never seen one before. The bird life is amazing on this trip. I think it is offered from the ship so you wouldn't have to worry with your luggage, either.

Some might recommend renting a car for the day and doing it yourself. But the traffic is horrendous!

Can you have NCL take the bags to the airport while you do the touring? I believe they have a program for that. Airboat tour sounds good too, or a day at the beach, then a nice dinner, then hit the airport a couple hours early? I'm sure there must be showers available somewhere, but I wouldn't know.

The Everglades tour is a pretty good option. We took it last year and, they load your baqgs onto the bus so you don't have that worry aqnd the let you off right at the airport after. They have it for either MIA or FLL and, if I rmember correctly, we got to FLL about 2-3 o'clock.

I agree with Everglades tour.

Another option is to go to an internet site that discounts hotel rooms...book a four star at the airport that includes a pool? You have a shower, a pool, a nap, a meal, and a safe place to store you luggage while you loung around in the Florida sun one last day. Check out that evening. Only works if you get one for a great price...and lately I have seen some good ones.

coka

Archived