Conquest - What time do we show up at the Galveston port?

JimCo

I can find everything about how to get to the port etc. but can't find any info on what time to show up, what time the port actually opens, etc.

I don't want to get there too late with a big crowd in line and I don't want to get there too early where I'm standing outside waiting to be let in and board.

I'm taking a cab so I don't need to park.

Anyone know?

I can find everything about how to get to the port etc. but can't find any info on what time to show up, what time the port actually opens, etc.

I don't want to get there too late with a big crowd in line and I don't want to get there too early where I'm standing outside waiting to be let in and board.

I'm taking a cab so I don't need to park.

Anyone know?

:cool:I got to the port around 10:30am two weeks ago, there were lines already, but not to bad, We were onboard by 12:15 with a DOD in hand!!:) Enjoy your cruise!!:)

pdficon.gifGalveston Island Map PDF

Download Galveston-area map in PDF Format (note: this is a large, 11' wide, print-quality map, so please be patient):

Galveston (B&W)

Galveston (Color Hi-Resolution)

see # 18

From HW 45 coming over causeway (bridge over Galveston Bay) take first exit to right to Harborside.

Look for signs for Port coming over bridge.

• 1 month later...

Does your suggested arrival time of 10:30 to 11am differ when VOS is also sailing out of Galveston. We will be sailing on Conquest 1/24/10 and VOS will also be in port at the same time. Was not sure if anyone has experience on Galveston traffic/parking when both are in port. We plan to prepay with lighthouse parking.

Does your suggested arrival time of 10:30 to 11am differ when VOS is also sailing out of Galveston. We will be sailing on Conquest 1/24/10 and VOS will also be in port at the same time. Was not sure if anyone has experience on Galveston traffic/parking when both are in port. We plan to prepay with lighthouse parking.

Nope...we sailed on VOS and didn't get there until 11 a.m. We were on board by Noon! I didn't think that the traffic was bad at all with both ships in port. Maybe we just got lucky! :)

Nope...we sailed on VOS and didn't get there until 11 a.m. We were on board by Noon! I didn't think that the traffic was bad at all with both ships in port. Maybe we just got lucky! :)

Thanks! I am looking at the webcam right now hoping that we will not be in the same position they are right now when we cruise. Both ships are still in port. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We always get there around 9:30 am. Usually just a short line and we are always among the first to board. Gives us time to find our cabin, eat lunch and make changes to our evening dining times.

Curious, but if you get there at 9:30, there may only be a short line, but how long are you guys waiting to board?

We got there at 11am and we didn't have to wait very long and not at all outside. We used lighthouse parking, but this is how we handled it. We drove our car to the pier and dropped out luggage and everyone except the driver off. The driver went to light house parking parked and rode the shuttle over. He was back in a flash and we didn't have to load luggage twice. It worked out great. If we go on another cruise out of Galveston (we have went on two on the Conquest) we will do the same thing.

Curious, but if you get there at 9:30, there may only be a short line, but how long are you guys waiting to board?

We've gone twice before and arrived around 9:30 both times. The wait is not long, go up the stairs, through the line, check in and sit down. We've always been in the first group to board.

We've gone twice before and arrived around 9:30 both times. The wait is not long, go up the stairs, through the line, check in and sit down. We've always been in the first group to board.

Assuming a perfect world where the ship docks on time, etc, when do they start boarding? That would be nice to get there early, around 9:30 and be in the first group, but would we be sitting down and thus waiting even more for a long time to board?

Assuming a perfect world where the ship docks on time, etc, when do they start boarding? That would be nice to get there early, around 9:30 and be in the first group, but would we be sitting down and thus waiting even more for a long time to board?

We wait for a little while, outside, downstairs, they open the glass doors around 10:00 am. Then we got upstairs, check-in and sit down in the waiting area. It's probably an hour wait, if I remember correctly:rolleyes:. (I'd rather be sitting down and waiting than standing in-line at a later time.)Then get your picture made and off to board around 11:00 am and on to lunch on the Lido deck:) That's how it's worked for us the last two times.

Archived