Availability of staterooms

cmj

Is there any way to check how many cabins per category are (really) still available. If an online travel agent like travelocity or priceline just displays one or two cabin numbers, what does this mean?
Does it mean that there are really only two staterooms available? Or does it mean, that Celebrity has not released any more staterooms for (online) sales - but will probably do so later on?

Or, to put it more clearly: If there is just a small number of cabins listed as available, should I hurry to book...?

Thanks, CMJ

[img]http://www.emotipad.com/liteemoticons/Idea.gif[/img] ummmmmm... they only release a few at a time i think. though if you want a prticular room, you might try calling 'X' and asking if you can get it.

-Michael (a.k.a.
Impulsive Puppy)
Grand Princess 98;Amsterdam 02; Mercury 02; Baby 04
To Cut, or not to Cut, that is the question...

Thanks for your response. I guess, you might be right. I just can't believe that almost all suites are already sold for cruises in oct/nov/dec. I'll try X directly.

Thanks, CMJ

A couple of weeks ago, we booked a suite on an October 2, 2004 sailing. At the time it too was the only cabin of that category apparently available. Now when I check back there are a few more that are available for booking.
I think I am happy with my selection so I don't really care, but I am wondering why Celebrity would do this.
Another funny thing is that when we booked originally, the cruises before and after ours were both showing more suites available. If they just release a few at a time, why did the other 2 cruises have more released?
Don't think this will make any difference to my trip but I'm always intrigued by things that don't seem to make sense.
Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not sure you can really pin this on Celebrity.

One possibility is that anyone can take a cabin out of the pool temporarily. For instance, a TA can give a quote for a specific room and hold the room for a few days while the client decides. If there's a large group involved, that practice could be really noticable. Another possibiity is that there are resellers who buy rooms in bulk, and it could be that they can return them to the general pool if they're not selling. Still another possibility is guests who request a change of cabin after booking.

• 2 weeks later...
I think rwb is correct. We are sailing with a family group of 26. We just booked 11 cabins and they are on hold for 30 days until deposits are paid. If deposits are not paid for any cabin, it will be released. So call Celebrity and keep asking for the cabin you want.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gardencat:
Don't think this will make any difference to my trip but I'm always intrigued by things that don't seem to make sense.
Anyone have any ideas?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Gardencat...you must be having an absolute field day of intrigue these days [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Randy & Mary

Time remaining until Millennium cruise:
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;05;14;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived