Dawn mini suite questions

lilcruzr

We received an upsell for 60.00 more pp. A BD to an AF on the Dawn. We were in a balcony on the Dawn in March. There was not any room after the sleeper couch was out and one had to step on the bed to get out to the balcony in the morning. Our DS is small so no problem. We enjoyed our room and cruise! Is this the same scenario in a mini suite? Are there loungers or lounge chairs on the balcony? We were in a mini suite on the Jewel when she first sailed, but we only had 2 people in the room and I think we had loungers, but I'm not sure. My husband enjoyed the tub to relax in.

Think of a mini suite as a deluxe balcony. You will have a little more cabin space and a bit more balcony space. The two things you will have in a mini that are not in a balcony are the bath tub and a curtain that can separate the bed from the sitting area.

PE

There is plenty of room to get out to the balcony when the bed is open. See the attached picture in the thumbnails. There are no loungers on the Balcony, but there are 2 chairs and a small table.

In my honest opinion though I would not pay $180 for the upgrade - maybe I would pay $100. I don't think that their is that much more room than the balcony cabin, with the only "upgrade" being the tub and the curtain between the bed and the pull out sofa.

Good luck with your decision and have a great cruise.

1448137119_Cruiseand50th045.jpg.7f35b884faf0550363851ec43bb326df.jpg

either on Dawn or Jewel in a Mini. A tub was not worth any money more than a BA. Dawn had a table & 2 chairs jammed into the 3 shelf set up that had the TV & a wall phone in it. The bed was parallel to it all and we collide with it at night. SO we had the steward take the chairs & table away after he tells us that we are not eating breakfast at it. I asked him where? WON'T FIT ON THE BALCONY, WON'T FIT IN THE MINI. Seemed like 20 sq ft extra and that was it.

ON EPIC IT IS CALLED A DELUXE BALCONY, so why not on all ships already. On Jewel, the room service gentleman did not want to put breakfast on the bed, so we could use his wheel cart out on the balcony and we gave him a phone card for doing it. Made his day.

Interesting upsell! Last May, we paid for, and were assigned a BB cabin on the Dawn. The computer kept on showing us in the BB cabin. When we checked in at the Manhattan pier, we were told we had been switched to an AF cabin. No reason was given to us.

Personally, I didn't like to step into the high tub for my shower. I would have preferred a stall shower. However, you said your DH enjoys the tub.

As far as the curtain goes, we always left it tied to the wall. You have a son so you might like the privacy when it's closed.

The cabin is a nice size.

As others have said, there are two chairs and a little table on the balcony.

There is plenty of room to get out to the balcony when the bed is open. See the attached picture in the thumbnails. There are no loungers on the Balcony, but there are 2 chairs and a small table.

In my honest opinion though I would not pay $180 for the upgrade - maybe I would pay $100. I don't think that their is that much more room than the balcony cabin, with the only "upgrade" being the tub and the curtain between the bed and the pull out sofa.

Good luck with your decision and have a great cruise.

What is he laughing at. He looks so young here!

What is he laughing at. He looks so young here!

You know he is always laughing...and probably at something dumb that my other "kid" did. He was 1 month shy of 15.

Where were you today? I had back to school night and tried to call at 9...it didn't go through. Try me tomorrow.

Archived