Tips from southern Caribbean cruise

starbounca

My cruise started in Barbados so i'll just go by ports NB this is based on my experience different ppl different experience.....Please add

Barbados

From a local.

Walk to town

Catch a bus everywhere is about an hour to and hour and a half both ways so allocate about 3 hrs for bus ride

Private tours are most times 60% cheaper than carnival's

St. Lucia

If you go on a private tour ask the driver to take you to the rum distillery. You pay 3us and you get unlimited samples of the rum they produce and sell so imagine about 20 or so bottles at your disposal the only downside is the sample cups are small but you can take as much as you want or use the cups provided at the water station and you cant take any with you so make that your last stop before heading out...i left when i couldn't see straight

Antigua

Although this is being taken out of the intinery for oblivious reasons

the island is pretty flat similar to barbados but still lots to see the beaches good i went to antigua village where the new sandals is built it is near to the port so you can make that the last stop

St. kitts

Didn't tor but they have the cheapest booze the second shop on the right as you walk through the shopping lane..Also carnival has a price match system in place where if you see booze or perfum cheaper in any ports you take digital or a written proof from the shop and carnival will match it ..the shop keeper will want your sale so they won't write anything for you for carnival to get their sale so do what i did i saw some fellow bajan buy booze at a cheaper price and i simply got their reciept and got the reduced price

......The seas were very rough on the way here.....

Puerto rico

the good part about starting in Barbados is you don't have to go through the long lines to get off or on the ship you are given an intransit sticker and it is a breeze......the only bad part is shops open from 11 to 5 so if you went there soley to shop that is bad and very tiring

St . thomas

again another shopping day for me headed straigth for tutu mall which has a big Kmart also has some cheap booze P.S pay thge 7us and get taken staright there if you play cheap it is a long walk from where the bus would put you

dominica

The roads here a scary especially going up hills trust me when i tell you my heart was in my hands and my foot on the brakes.....other than that one of the most bueatiful conttries on the intinery second st. Lucia...went to vist family

And back home....unfortunately we left two of our bags at the port and had to go back for them the next day

To those who are now going i hope you enjoy your cruise

To those who went please add your lil bit thank you

has the cheapest cosmetics such as cream and such also can get cheap booze so i heard

Also if you are travelling with kids Barbados has teh cheapest formula.....i ran out of milk for my baby and all the caribbean islands were asking for 13us for the small tin it hurt me that i had to buy a tin for 17us in St. thomas...i usually pay 13barbados for the same tin which is about 6.50 us....

Archived