celebrity credit card questions

missemily

I have a couple of questions about the Celebrity credit card:

(1) If you apply for one on the ship, do you get some additional points? Is there any incentive to applying on board? Could you use the card for purchases on the cruise you apply for the card on?

(2) What is the conversion rate for points to onboard credit? In other words, how many points does to take to get various awards?

Any thoughts appreciated!

I am bumping up this post as I would like to know the answers to these questions. How much are the credits worth for future cruises and for credits on board.

thanks

Der

I don't think applying onboard would give you any additional rewards. And since this is a bank card you would have to be approved by the bank, not Celebrity. I don't think you would have any way to be approved while onboard and receive your card.

If you go to the Celebrity web site and click on the logo for the card it will take you to the page with the application form. It has links to click for more information--such as this one https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/us/rafi-kryg/points.html

What I think I want to know is how much credit do you earn by using this card. What will the credits allow you to buy? ie. cruises, shipboard credits?

For example, how may credits for a discount on celebrity cruises?

Thanks

On the web site itself they will give you the various points needed for each item that can be ordered with your points. I went ahead an ordered the card because I will be paying off the cruise we have booked for June. I might as well get double points for paying it off. I think we will then try to get a ship board credit while we are on the cruise to help pay for our excursions! There is no anual fee and anything that involves celebrity gives you double points!

If you really want the answers to these questions please read about it on the Celebrity site! It will give you answers to your questions. I gave a link to click in my answer above that shows how many points you earn and what you can redeem them for.

Archived