Spa treatment for 10 year old?

Oh Wow .. some of you people need to get over yourselves!!!! I cant believe how hateful some of you are! I guess you all were never taught ... if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all.

IMO ... I dont see anything wrong with her daughter getting a massage. My daughter is 5 and has been going with me to get manicures and pedicures since she was 3. My daughter is prissy and its our thing to do. I have 3 older sons who are 16, 18 and 21 so now that I finally have my daughter, I am thrilled.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with a 10 year old having a massage with parent there and if a family can afford it and that is how they want to spend their money, that is their business. It could be a special treat while on the cruise and from the OP's post it does not sound like the 10 year old gets them all the time. And if she does, lucky her!

However, if the rules state no one under 13 then the rule should be followed. I would guess it means no even with a parent in the room.

You must be my kindred spirit! I cringe when I see small children in fine dining establishments. My dinner is often interrupted by crying, whining, and inappropriate behavior by small children. The last thing I want is to be enjoying a spa treatment and have it interrupted by kids running through screaming, or talking loud, or anything else. I don't care how well-behaved your children are, there are those out there who are not! The rules need to be for ALL kids, regardless of their behavior, manners, etc.

This is tied in with what I was trying to say earlier. Let kids be kids and let us adults be not just tolerant, but respectful and appreciative of kids! It is in everyone's best interest if the parents stop trying to make them be miniature adults and place them in non age appropriate locations. Crying, whining, running, screaming etc are all normal actions of well behaved children. In my (more than likely unwanted) opinion, if you want to treat your 10 year old, take the time and effort to be with her instead of her having to be with you.

OK... whether I think it's ok or not for a 10 yr old to get a massage is not the point here....

For me the point is RCL ,thank goodness, restricts the spa to those over a certain age....because for me the encroachment of children in all adult areas venues has permeated our society... this is one place where I can wind down and relax and not hear small children whining,screaming etc etc.:eek:

Are not Adult places scared anymore.... ?what has the world become.. it's really crazy and scary.....!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't understand parents anymore..... they just think they're little ones are entitled to be anywhere irregardless if it's appropriate or not......

Well, that's my rant and I'm sticking to it... keep your kids away from adult venues and the world will be a kinder place:D

CC

You bring up an excellent point. I did not think of this when I responded saying I don't have a problem with a 10 year old getting a massage unless the rules restrict it. And while in theory if someone wants to get their 10 year old a massage, I am okay with it as long as it does not affect my enjoyment of my massage. Kids do not belong everywhere and I do see your side of this.

I would also not want to hear running, screaming kids in the adult spa.

You must be my kindred spirit! I cringe when I see small children in fine dining establishments. My dinner is often interrupted by crying, whining, and inappropriate behavior by small children. The last thing I want is to be enjoying a spa treatment and have it interrupted by kids running through screaming, or talking loud, or anything else. I don't care how well-behaved your children are, there are those out there who are not! The rules need to be for ALL kids, regardless of their behavior, manners, etc.

WOW! Talk about painting all with the same brush. Isn't what you need in a cruise more like what Holland America offers? Last time I checked RCCL's markets to FAMILIES. Or was it families with no kids under 16? NO....I'm pretty sure it is to all inclusive families.

Archived