Tenders and Taxis

topspin1267

Can anyone tell me about the tender ride in and back? I have heard it can be a rough ride (we have 2 seniors cruising with us) also how long does it take to water taxi over to Caye Caulker? I looked up the taxi schedule but didnt see transit times.

Thanks

We've tendered Belize at least 3 times, never a problem, the water seems pretty calm in the channel. I know they are almost ready to open their cruiseport and then the ships can dock, which is always my preference because guests can get on and off the ships so much faster.

I am also interested in hearing experiences with the water taxi to Caye Caulker. On our last cruise we went to Caye Caulker as part of a snorkel excursion, but am considering just taking the taxi over. It is such an idyllic island.

When we tendered into Belize city, the tenders were fast, and I don't recall it being rough. The tenders were also a good size.

The one thing I remember about the tender ride is they do go fast and if you are standing when they decide to slow down, hang on. I (stupid me) was standing up taking pictures when they slowed down and it threw me into the lap of another passenger (good thing I knew him).

Archived