Best 7 night family cruses from Florida

Karenteach

Since my family has only been on two cruises, Royal Carribean Explorer of the Seas from Bayonne and Carribean Princess from Brooklyn, we were thinking about taking a cruise that departs from Florida. The reason being is that even with the airfare, most of the cruises still end up costing much less money than leaving from our own backyard which in New York. With that being said, we were looking to go on a boat that was similar in size to the previous ones we have been on. The people that will be going are 3 couples in their 40's and 5 kids who ages range from 11-15. We are looking to go July or August 2010 and from what I have been reading, there is going to be a big 24 hour sale for all cruiselines that start next week. For more info on that, go to cruising.org. So I am asking for some advice on which cruiselines you have been on and recommend the good ones and also let me know which ones to stay away from.

Thanks in advance

Well, I recommend anything on NCL, since it's the only line I've sailed on with my family. As a kid myself, I enjoyed experiences on Carnival and Costa, but that was a loooooooong time ago, and things have changed a lot since then. Honestly, I think any cruise these days is going to be a good bet!

So, as I was saying, I can personally recommend NCL based on my experience travelling with my family (my daughter, my husband and I), my mother (once in a shared cabin, once with her along in another cabin, and booked with us again in 2010), and a group of friends (four couples, one child, and two moms with companions). We've had nothing but great experiences, our daughter loves the kids' programs, and all of our friends and family enjoyed it as well.

That being said, I don't feel that any one cruise line is 'better' or 'worse' than any other. If the Freestyle concept appeals to you, then NCL is definitely worth a try, but otherwise, I think you should have a party with your travelling companions and talk about where you want to go, what you want to do, and if there are any particular amenities that you would like your ship to have. After that, find a suitable itinerary at a price everyone is happy with and BOOK IT!! :p

Hi, we have been on Carnival a few times before we had our son. Now we have been on Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas twice. He just turned 12. He loves the flowrider, the iceskating, the game room and the rock climbing wall. The ship is amazing. There is so much to do. We are going again next May, it leaves from Port Canaveral so we fly down the day before from NY also. You will all love it. Good luck.

You generally will get what you pay for. Everyone has their favorite cruise line. Mine happens to be RCCL, especially for the ages of children that you mentioned. Check out the reviews. There are so many ships sailing from Florida. The most spectacular will RCCL's Oasis of the Seas. Does that mean that it will be best for your group? Not necessarily.

Archived