Mariner Review 9/13

sammyt

We are in Room 9369 (inside). Have never been on this class of ship.

What was your cab fare to the Crowne Plaza? Thanks

Crowne Plaza San Pedro provides a free shuttle to the port. They start taking people to the port around 10 a.m. and run every 30 minutes or so. BTW, if you haven't booked CP yet, check out Priceline and bid on the room, I got a goo deal, $70 a night which included taxes.

I was not happy with the Windjammer. I did not like the layout. Not much variety either. There was no outside seating. Also, this is the first ship I have been on that does not have self-serve beverages. There is no place on the ship to get ice and beverages other than the Windjammer, and you have to be served. One other BIG problem with the Windjammer, it closed at 2:30 each day, and did not open up again until 6:00. There was no place to get food or beverages, except the Café in the Promenade, and the food was limited to very small sandwiches, some pastries, and very stale cookies, and some pizza.

I was on the Mariner in April, and we went to the Windjammer every day around 3:30 pm for fruit and snacks, and my DH always had the delicious bread pudding too! I think it closes for a short time between lunch and afternoon snacks, so you may have dropped by at the wrong time. I have to admit, though, that they really need a poolside grill as we've always had on other cruiselines, where you could get the best burgers and pizza!

Archived