Carnival Wedding Brides - Question about boarding

I was wondering what the guests will be doing after boarding and before the ceremony? I thought I read somewhere that they had access to one of the lounges and/or someplace to eat and drink, but I wanted to confirm that. I am putting together our letter and itinerary for our guests.

Any other details will be welcome as well...especially if you were a Splendor bride - that's the ship I am getting married on.

Thank you!

Hi There,

I'm not sure, but I can tell you in a couple of weeks! I'm getting married on the Splendor on 10/25/09. I believe your guests will have access to most of the ship and such, but I believe they are charging extra now for non-sailing guests to eat.

Also, there is no cash accepted on the ship, so unless they know someone with a sail and sign card, they won't be able to purchase drinks either. Such a pain.

Since the ship is pretty new, Splendor brides are few and far between. In fact you're the first one I've talked to on here!

Happy Planning!

Most of my guests explored the ship and sat around the Lido deck listening to a band. I believe some ate food - due to one of my sailing guests telling them it was part of the "wedding package." NOT! I feel guilty about that - so you may want to let guests know not to nibble and wait for the food at the reception which is more than plenty.

There is a buffet on the Lido deck, the charge is $10 per nonsailing guests, sailing guests can eat for free. They can also tour the ship and go to their room but the cabin stewarts are going to tell them they aren't ready yet they just have to say they are with the wedding party and they can go in.

One of my wedding coordinators actually told me that even though I did not pay for the buffet that my guest could still go eat because no one ever checks. I did not pass that message along. I didn't want to take advantage of something not paid for

When I got married which was about 25 days ago, my guest were able to explore the ship. They were also able to eat. No one asked them anything. I would not tell my guest that this is part of the wedding but they will be able to eat and no one will inquire.

Archived