RCCL TUBING EXCURSION Ocho Rios in January

kstmbjm

I have some questions for anyone who has done tubing through Royal Caribbean in Ocho Rios.

I'm going in January. What should I expect in terms of how cold the water will be and whether the "ride" will be exciting or just floating down the river?

About how long are you in the water?

The two excursions offered through RCCL seem to differ only in that one takes you to the park at the end and the other takes you to the beach. Is this right? Did you like the park? What was there to do there? What about the beach?

How long is the drive to the river?

What else should I know?

Thanks for any and all help :)

My son and I did this excursion a few years ago in February. Water was a little chilly, but not horrible. River is slow in most places, with a few "drops" here and there, which are no big deal. Not like white water rafting, but the scenery is beautiful. Drive up to the river took about 1/2 hour - we were in a large van. They drop you off up river, put you in the tubes and off you go. If you have water shoes, I would suggest wearing them.

You do get to see a lot of Ocho Rios during the drive to and from. My son was 16 at the time and was amazed at just how poor the island is. Saw quite a few people hanging out at the corner with large cigarette-type things in their mouths - probably not tobacco! Our driver was great, giving us a history of the island as well as describing life today.

All in all, an enjoyable day. Am going on Freedom in 2 weeks, with a stop in Ocho Rios. Probably will just do a little shopping, then take advantage of the spa and/or pool on the ship.

Have a great cruise.

Archived