RCCL Cozumel PIER AREA ACTIVITIES

kstmbjm

Traveling on RCCL on Liberty in January. Are there activities and restaurants around the pier? This is the only stop I'm not doing a shore excursion but as female traveling solo I prefer not to go off on my own. Are there things to do right off the ship? Any particular favorite things to do or favorite restaurants in easy walking distance from where you get off the ship?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Depends on the pier. If International, take a cab to town where all the best shopping is. Cost is $7 each way (up to 4 passengers.)

If at Punta Langosta, you will exit through the Punta Langosta Mall - lots of shops. You are essentially in downtown San Miguel. Lots of restaurants and bars and shops within safe, easy walking distance.

If you are in Punta L? it is easy to walk right to the middle of San Miguel. I was on a cruise several years back with my mom and had booked Tulum. She got sick and couldnt get off the ship so I decided just to go in town by myself. I had one of the best port days I have ever had. I walked into town (very short distance), looked in some shops along the way to Pancho's Backyard Restaurant which is at the far end of the main street. I had lunch there. It was great. They had a mariachi band playing and I had fajitas, the best guacamole ever, and one "killer" margarita. I then walked back into the middle of town and wandered through the town square where I did some shopping and watched some of the artists doing some paintings. A couple blocks, I guess would be north, of the town square is San Miguel Church. It is a small neighborhood church. I went in and looked at all the little nooks and crannies where people had put their prayer wishes, lit candles, put notifications of weddings, etc. It was so awesome. I felt like I was really viewing a bit of the life of the locals. I then went back in town, and forgive me, but went to the Dairy Queen which is 2 stories and had a peanut buster parfait sitting up on the 2nd floor. It was kinda fun in my opinion. Then did a bit more strolling around and back to the ship.

It really was one of those unplanned days that turned out to be fabulous and at no time did I feel unsafe. I hope whatever you do you have a lovely day in Cozumel.

Archived