Poesia in the Carib Nov 10-15 sailing

kookct13

Hi all...first time on MSC...booked on Carib cruise above...a few questions to the experts:

1. dinner time - first and late?

2. beer package - is it available and how much?

3. coffee - only free during breakfast?

4. a la carte restaurant - does anyone know how much in US$

thanks in advance,

kook

You are a little early with your questions as they seem to make variations to times, prices each season and as she has not yet arrived - you are only going to be able to get last years info or European info.

1. think you will definitely need to wait and see as they chopped and changed the times a lot on the Orchestra when it was in the caribbean in an effort to please passengers. It will definitely be much earlier than the European time which are 6.45 or 7.00 and second which can be 8.45,9.00 or even later)

2 yes but I don't know the price in $ for this year. There are usually 2 packages 14 small beers or 14 large beers - usually works out that you get at least 1 sometimes 2 free. They also sometimes do a beer package that includes bottles/cans rather than draught. Contact the US office of MSC and they will be able to give you this season's prce list for all the drinks packages. (I got one fairly easily from the UK Office but it is priced in £sterling)

3. also at afternoon tea. It used to be free at lunch and diiner too but in the last year or so they stopped serving it. You may be lucky and they may reintroduce for this year's US Season. IMHO the dining room stuff is fairly average and I prefereed to wait until after my meal and pay for the really good Italain versions they have in all the bars and the coffee shop

4. Sorry no idea

• 2 weeks later...

1. On Orchestra when it sailed out of Fl the early times were 5:45, and late dining was at 8.

2. As stated, I also remember 14 coupons in the package which brought the beer down by .25 each bottle.

3.coffee , reg coffee not specialty was free at any time

4. A la carte restaurant is pay for what you eat...if someone just wants soup it will be less than a meal. Each is indiv priced. People who ate at the chinese restaurant on Orchestra loved it and said it was not a lot of money compared to restaurants eaten at on board ships. Iremember them telling me around 25-30$ for a couple which included appetizers, entrees and desserts.

Archived