Trouble on Pacific Sun

squibs

why are passengers served alcohol if there are in this state?

regards.

Have you ever thought that the passengers concerned are not the ones going to the bar? If they send a sober friend up to get them a drink what is the barperson supposd to do???

just another question when under age passengers go on these cruises who is responsible if issues arise?

regards.

When my son's 17yo friend was caught he had to then have one of the others responsible for him.........which happened to be my son.

Have you ever thought that the passengers concerned are not the ones going to the bar? If they send a sober friend up to get them a drink what is the barperson supposd to do???
yes i have thought of that, but then all the drinks will be bills to that person,but if that person is useing some elses card then thats fraud, then you get into a hole legal thing of who is responsable for the payment, i would that the cards would be monited any way. one would hope so.

Dont blame the staff on Pacific Sun, I have just recently sailed on her and the staff are very strict. If you try to buy a drink looking drunk they will refuse and put a banned on your card for a few hours so you cant buy any more drinks and if security catch you getting someone else to buy you a drink they will ban the card for the rest of your cruise. The security were pretty heavy on the Sun. There is always going to be idiots where ever you go.

Dont blame the staff on Pacific Sun, I have just recently sailed on her and the staff are very strict. If you try to buy a drink looking drunk they will refuse and put a banned on your card for a few hours so you cant buy any more drinks and if security catch you getting someone else to buy you a drink they will ban the card for the rest of your cruise. The security were pretty heavy on the Sun. There is always going to be idiots where ever you go.

yes the staff are great and rsa people are on the ball and its a pitty that there a few idiots around

thanks for your observations and opinions.

it is a pity that anyone needs to get drunk to enjoy themselves. why are passengers served alcohol if there are in this state?

passengers are served booze by the staff who have a duty of care even at sea.

passengers are not permitted to take their own booze on board?

perhaps staff need to be better educated? i agree that security staff cannot be everywhere. pity they are required at all.

it could be argued too that security protects the cruise line and its assets rather than passengers??

anyway each to his own we all like different things and can make our own choices.

just another question when under age passengers go on these cruises who is responsible if issues arise?

regards.

Most of the drinking is done later at night on P&O when all the teetotalers are snug as a bug!

My sister in laws husband was refused 2 champagnes in the Dome on the PD one night and his wife had to go get her own:D

They were not drunk but it was past midnight and security decided to limit alcohol to one drink per person at the bar.

They were disgruntled about it but then again we were not watching how much others were consuming. Looks like security were on the ball!

If issues arise with minors their parent or guardian is responsible,same as on dry land.

Den

passengers are not permitted to take their own booze on board?

Passenger's can not take alcohol on board P&O Australia cruise ships.

Any duty free alcohol purchased on board or at overseas ports will be held in secure bond until the ship arrives back into the port of disembarkation.

Check out the "events at sea" website (part of cruisejunkie) and you'll see that these things happen on ALL cruiselines. P&O Aust barely get a mention on that site.

My 18yo son went on PD in January with 6 other friends of which one of them was only 17. He got caught with a drink which was bought for him by another guy they met on board. The guy that bought the drink had his card blocked for 24 hours. They were both taken into an office & given a dressing down & told that if it happened again they would be put off the ship.

Did you read the one dated 12 may?

A cruiser was given a tour of some staff areas and spotted a printed email pinned to the wall of all the passengers that had removed their auto tips;)

Den

A cruiser was given a tour of some staff areas and spotted a printed email pinned to the wall of all the passengers that had removed their auto tips;)

Den

Yes, it was rather interesting. It's a very interesting website.

Hi,

Here is what I know. I was on the cruise, but I did not hear a thing on the ship, not a word, nothing, nada.

On Monday or Tuesday (cant remember what day) I went up to M Deck to do some laundry. There were 2 security guards and and what looked like their supervisor knocking on a cabin door, and then they proceded to go into the cabin. It sounded like a lady answered the door. FACT: the laundry is rather hot and one washing machine is not going.

Saturday as we disembarked (we were some of the last off) a cbain full of young people (under 25 years) were martched off with police, plain clothes. In this group there were 3 guys and 1 girl. FACT; I have no idea what thay have done, but we speculated that thay were getting a 'free ride home'.

Other than that we heard nothing. I was with my 10y.o. boy so was not up late and can be classed as a P&O tea toteller who was tucked up in bed early. There were a lot of teenages and kids on the ship as it was school holidays around, but we did nto even get a 'sniff' at what had happened, on seeing this post I put 2+2 together, I thought that the lady on M Deck had lost her purse etc or had a complaint about something to security, the staff will never be alone in your cabin with you and if they are the door is always open.

I have also noticed some people complain about the security staff, from my point of view they are there to control the crowd and make sure people dont hurt themselvs / others etc. We have never had any problems with them at all.

I read the 'news' item, is there another news item that is not speculation and gives facts, not just goes on about the past troubles for 3/4 of the article??

On Sunday evening at dinner a cabin full of girls ordered drinks and their had been blocked, and that was only the first sea day.

The cruise was all good.

Steve

Den

Definitely an interesting article, although I remain skeptical about whether this was a list of passengers on the previous voyage, in which case, there really isn't a problem. Hopefully this was the case, as I'm still inclined to tip for service on a day-by-day and an individual basis. In any case, it didn't happen on a P&O Australia vessel, so I'm not too curious about it.

These assaults on the Pacific Sun are troubling, but as many have already said, P&O is generally very responsible when it comes to passenger safety, and it would be very hard to place blame upon the staff.

My sister in laws husband was refused 2 champagnes in the Dome on the PD one night and his wife had to go get her own:D

They were not drunk but it was past midnight and security decided to limit alcohol to one drink per person at the bar.

Ahh, sorry, that almost reminded me - much to our disgust (I promise we are actually good boys, not louts!:p) They stop serving straight shots in The Dome from midnight, so while most party on till just shy of 4am, none of the heaviest possible stuff is available after 12.

This thread has become a very good thread for pointing out just how WELL P&O Security are doing, especially with RSA!

Was talking to the boys about this latest attack - a lot of the younger ladies on our July cruise (younger, as in, spent the day in the teen club) were getting very friendly with us, and the other 19-25yo group we spent time with. it's really making us wonder what went on in the case of News.com.au reporting "The alleged victim was believed to be a juvenile"

Archived