Price Drop Question

LB Cruiser

I am new to NCL and I am not aware of what the line's policy is regarding price drops after final payment for a cruise. Does NCL allow guests to convert the price difference into an on board credit? Also, will NCL permit guests to upgrade cabins after a price reduction? I just would like to know what my options are before I contact NCL.

It's a crap shoot. Usually if the price drops after final payment, nothing more can be done. I've heard some other cases where an on-board credit is given.

Now, before final payment, stories are all over the place. Some receive the difference in the final payment, others receive it as an on-board credit. I think it depends on your TA or PCC.

Originally booked a cat BA on the Dawn 9 months ago and recently watch the price drop 200.00 for the same cabin, called TA and she was able to secure an upgrade to an AG and we still kept our 75.00 OBC, and all this happened after final payment was made 2 weeks ago

Persistance will pay off, if you dont get satisfaction at first keep trying

Thanks for the information and suggestions. When I called NCL the woman I spoke with said that on board credits are not given normally for price drops after final payments are posted. She did offer me an upgrade to a higher cabin category at no extra charge.

I have got to say that OBC's are RARELY given after final payment and even more rarely for a price drop. At best you can luck out and get a cabin upgrade as the previous poster mentioned, but that is honestly about the best you can hope for after final payment.

Generally, once you reach final payment date, NCL will keep to their side of the agreement. Meaning, no changes.

OBC is a cash rebate, which some seem to forget. It is real money out of their pocket.

Does it happen? Sometimes, but only because somebody is in a good mood.

Do they raise your rates if rates go up? Nope.

Try and hope for the best!

Originally booked a cat BA on the Dawn 9 months ago and recently watch the price drop 200.00 for the same cabin, called TA and she was able to secure an upgrade to an AG and we still kept our 75.00 OBC, and all this happened after final payment was made 2 weeks ago

Persistance will pay off, if you dont get satisfaction at first keep trying

You say this was 2 weeks after final payment was made was it also 2 weeks after final payment was DUE of did you pay it off before that date? they are two completely different situations when it comes to adjustments.

I should clarify, the standard policy of "refunding" 25% of the difference between the purchase price and the price reduction is after the final payment has been made. Yes, be persistent and complain because we customers have let them use our money for months and they are getting the true bargain because cost of service is low to them. so while maybe an on-board credit is issued for let's say $100 the real cost for them could be only $50. They and many cruise lines punish you for planning ahead.

Archived