Calanques via Marseilles?

thomasshawn

In Marseilles Oct31 and considering a trip to see the Calanques via boat but The one from Cassis we were hoping to do (essentially a shuttle one way from Cassis to Marseilles) stops in September.

I've seen a few others but not sure of the reputation or I'm having trouble translating even using google translator.

http://www.visite-des-calanques.com/home-icard-pg1-lgen.html this one had the shuttle but it's not running in Oct

The http://www.croisieres-marseille-calanques.com/ site I translated with Google and either the 12 or the 6 Calanque tours seem OK but it's hard to tell if they both return to Marseilles?

anyone know anything about either of these companies or a company that runs a boat tour out of marseilles or even out of Cassis. The Cassis shuttle was nice because we would take a train to Cassis and then shuttle back via the Calanques but sadly that is not an option. So if there is a Marseilles service that is in/out of Marseilles that would be best.

Thanks for the input

Shawn

The 12 calanques trip states they return to Marseille - click left hand side "nos croisieres" for the various itineraries. The 12 says "Retour sur le Vieux Port." which is in the centre of Marseilles and the 6 says "retour par la réserve des Iles de Riou." which would means return via des Iles de Riou - return being Marseilles.

They appear to take place until the 15th November but be aware that when the Mistral wind blows in the winter months, the sea can get rough and small boats may be tossed about or even cancelled. The calanques are well worth seeing however.

I'm sure an email would clarify your queries - seems a very friendlt website!! Good luck.

Thank you for that information. I have put in an email, just waiting for a return. I assumed that was the case but I've learned never to assume especially when we're discussing locations/languages that are not my own.

Thanks for the feedback

Shawn

Archived