Kauai Waterfalls MUDBUG Options

shakaka

Hi all,

Cruising early November and would like to know if there other options for the Kauai Mudbug excursions, the NCL prices seems way and above what private companies charge - so I'm sure this excursion is no exception. what companies offer this adventure and are they any good. Also is it the kind of tour we would need to book in advance?

Thanks in advance

Kipu ranch is a great place for the ATV waterfall tour. There are many sites for excursions on this ranch. Kipu is about 15 to 20 mins. from the port. (adventuresinhawaii)(kipuranchtours)are a couple of sites that will give you an ideal of what they offer. The waterfall tour is $150 a person which is $50 less than NCL. We rented a car for the day for $30. We went on the afternoon trip and explored the island afterward. This was the best adventure of our trip. Alot of movie sites and beautiful sceanery. Have fun.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for your help--your search sent me to several wonderful "stories", pictures and great reviews, but I guess I wasn't clear enough. Each of the reviews gives me exactly what I want in an excursion, the problem is that I can't figure out who the tour company is in any of them except the NCL excursion, which is the NCL excursion...it doesn't actually say who NCL uses. :o:rolleyes:

Im pretty sure they use Kaui ATV, if you read descriptions on their website it seems perfect match to NCL. We booked it through Toms Barefoot and it was even cheaper than through Kaui ATV direct. However be aware if you book ships excursion it will include transport their. We did save over $100 each by booking through Toms than NCL. So more than covers the cost of a hire car. The 12.00 tour was booked out (probably by NCL) so we are on a 1.00pm tour.

Hoping for a quick visit to Waimea? Canyon in the AM

Cheers

Saffy

Im pretty sure they use Kaui ATV, if you read descriptions on their website it seems perfect match to NCL. We booked it through Toms Barefoot and it was even cheaper than through Kaui ATV direct. However be aware if you book ships excursion it will include transport their. We did save over $100 each by booking through Toms than NCL. So more than covers the cost of a hire car. The 12.00 tour was booked out (probably by NCL) so we are on a 1.00pm tour.

Hoping for a quick visit to Waimea? Canyon in the AM

Cheers

Saffy

SOLD

I had been looking at Kauai ATV--i had also looked at Toms Barefoot, so now it's time to re-check. I had really wanted the noon time, but I don't want to go with the entire ship, so I may call and ask and book the 1pm timeframe if necessary. I had never planned on booking through the ship and had always planned on renting a car, so that either before or after maybe we'll go to a beach for a little while or Waimea, as you said. I have a heli flight booked one of the two mornings--i honestly don't remember which morning! Hahahaha

As you're not going til July you have plenty of time. I can't believe we go next week, started packing already. I will do a review when we get home, so hopefully that will be helpful to you as well. I found Mudbugs are not often discussed on this board, so will be including that for sure.

Cheers

Saffy

As you're not going til July you have plenty of time. I can't believe we go next week, started packing already. I will do a review when we get home, so hopefully that will be helpful to you as well. I found Mudbugs are not often discussed on this board, so will be including that for sure.

Cheers

Saffy

Looking forward to it--have a wonderful time!!!

Just noticed you'll be sailing ON christmas!! Good for you!

Archived