free drinks in the suites

cheermum42

I would like to know if beverages are free if you stay in any of the suites that offer a mini-bar in the rooms. I am looking into going on the Dawn to Bermuda and notice the suites of in room mini bars are they stocked and do you have to pay extra for it.

thanks

We're booked in a category AA Owner's Suite on the Sun this November. We have been told by NCL that alcoholic drinks and soda are free in the suite. You need to make a selection from a list, and the butler will keep the item stocked for you.

We're booked in a category AA Owner's Suite on the Sun this November. We have been told by NCL that alcoholic drinks and soda are free in the suite. You need to make a selection from a list, and the butler will keep the item stocked for you.

In the Sun AA you will receive 3 regular sized (1 litre?) bottles of alcohol - you must choose them from a list provided at the beginning of the cruise. It is NOT an unlimited supply, just 3 bottles (usually more than plenty for a couple). Since we usually have 4-6 people total (with different preferences) and sailings of 10-14 days, and we throw a few parties, we end up having to also place an order for bar setup. You will have unlimited sodas and water, which will be restocked as you use them.

Robin

In the Sun AA you will receive 3 regular sized (1 litre?) bottles of alcohol - you must choose them from a list provided at the beginning of the cruise. It is NOT an unlimited supply, just 3 bottles (usually more than plenty for a couple). Since we usually have 4-6 people total (with different preferences) and sailings of 10-14 days, and we throw a few parties, we end up having to also place an order for bar setup. You will have unlimited sodas and water, which will be restocked as you use them.

Robin

Thanks for the additional information. We do not consume a lot of alcohol, so the 3 bottles should be more than enough for the duration of our cruise. It is good to know we will have unlimited in suite sodas and water, as these can cost a fortune when ordered from the bar. It would be nice if NCL provided the soda and water service to you outside of your suite, as well.

thanks for the informaiton, also does anyone know if ncl offers transportation from your hometown bus station to their port?

If you live in North Dakota, I am guessing not.

Actually, I do not think such a thing is offered from anywhere.

???????

Thanks for the additional information. We do not consume a lot of alcohol, so the 3 bottles should be more than enough for the duration of our cruise. It is good to know we will have unlimited in suite sodas and water, as these can cost a fortune when ordered from the bar. It would be nice if NCL provided the soda and water service to you outside of your suite, as well.

What kind of suite are you staying in? The things discussed here are only applicable to Owner's Suite or higher.

• 11 months later...
Thanks ImADaneFane for your quick response. I have booked 12502 for an Alaska cruise May 28 2011. Surprising my parents with this trip at Christmas. This will be our first cruise. Thanking all of you in advance for all the questions I may ask!!

We love the Star. You will love the suite perks that go with that cabin. We have done the Panama Canal (AB suite) and the MR (GV)on her. We were on her in January of this year, before they added the new suites. Captain Lars is one of our favorites. :D He's very chatty and personable. We are hoping to do Alaska on the Star in 2012, if she is still going there.

Drinks in the mini bar were not free on the Star, in the Family Suite. We were treated to a bottle of champagne in our suite upon embarkation.

We emptied the fridge and put all of the items into a drawer, then used the fridge for our own things.

I am hoping they are free in the Deluxe Owners Suite as ImAdaneFan believes.

Just to be clear, the mini bar is NOT free in the A2. As an Owner's Suite, you will choose 3 one-liter bottles from a list provided in your suite, and then all sodas and waters are also free in the cabin only. The small bottles of alcohol are not free - and come to think of it, I have never seen the mini-bottles in any of the GV's or OS's I have been in. The fridges have been stocked with my choice of sodas and mixers...

Robin

thanks for the informaiton, also does anyone know if ncl offers transportation from your hometown bus station to their port?

You can ask them, but I do not think they do this anywhere. You know how many hometowns there are in America? Lots.

Hmmmm....you are looking at spending thousands for a suite (to get "free" drinks) and want to take a Greyhound bus to get there??? Something just don't feel right here.

Hmmmm....you are looking at spending thousands for a suite (to get "free" drinks) and want to take a Greyhound bus to get there??? Something just don't feel right here.

Well...I just saw that the was originally posted OCTOBER 2009.......

I am guessing the OP could have walked to the pier by now. :)

• 1 year later...

Archived