"Upgraded" Room Svc, Concierge Class, Summit?

bigtexbigtex

Hi. I'm sailing on Summit 1/16. We'll be in concierge class for first time. Brochure mentions an "upgraded room service menu" in CC. Can any recent CC travelers/foodies describe the upgrade to me? Is it better food, different food or what?

I must admit, I was a bit underwhelmed by the quality and variety of room service choices on the Constellation last April. Any info appreciated. Thanks!

We're sailing Millenium Conceirge Class in June - I have yet to see ANYTHING that makes it worth the extra $$! Our balcony is smaller than everyone else's even!

It's our Honeymoon and I can't find anything on Celebrity's site (or through my TA) that mentions a Honeymoon package/recognition/anything!

Personalized stationary? Is that as good as it gets?!

Hi. I'm sailing on Summit 1/16. We'll be in concierge class for first time. Brochure mentions an "upgraded room service menu" in CC. Can any recent CC travelers/foodies describe the upgrade to me? Is it better food, different food or what?

I must admit, I was a bit underwhelmed by the quality and variety of room service choices on the Constellation last April. Any info appreciated. Thanks!

We had cc class on the Millie in Dec...didn't notice any difference in the food quality,,was nice tho having full breakfast on the balcony,,order the smoothies, they are really good....:)

Hey Jennytsk--We weren't in CC on Constellation, but they did give us an anniversary cake second night out. As for honeymoon "extras," I think you have to buy most of that stuff--champagne, flowers, decor, etc. I think it's on the Celeb web site. If not, you get a listing of what you can buy when you get your final cruise documents. You'll have a great trip, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

We're sailing Millenium Conceirge Class in June - I have yet to see ANYTHING that makes it worth the extra $$! Our balcony is smaller than everyone else's even!

It's our Honeymoon and I can't find anything on Celebrity's site (or through my TA) that mentions a Honeymoon package/recognition/anything!

Celebrity is in the process of converting all of what were once its Category 1A, 1B and 1C cabins (190 square feet) on the M-Class ships to Concierge Class. So primarily you're buying the bigger Category 1 cabin to begin with. As the transitions have taken place, the CC cabins seem to run about the same as the old 1A give or take a few bucks.

As for your balcony -- a hint -- next time, get a CC cabin in the very AFT of the ship between the FV cabins. You'll have more veranda space than you know what to do with (about 5X normal) -- book early, they go fast. Pics attached to give you an idea of the difference...

Major differences between CC and the old 1A would include the following, none of which are in themselves critical, but nice all the same:

Towels are not the standard postage stamp size hotel towels. You'll get a better quality towel. Sounds silly, but if you're used to bath sheets at home, the regular towels seem REALLY wimpy. These are at least close.

Munchies come every afternoon. Yeah, you could go up around 4:00pm and get them for yourself, but in CC, they'll just bring them to you. You'll also always find fresh fruit in the bowl.

Depending upon how they set up the embarkation area, you should find a shorter line there. It's like the airlines, though. It just gives you more options. The "regular" lines can sometimes be shorter.

Last -- Since all of the old 190+ sf Category 1 cabins on the M-Class boats will be CC soon, your only option below that will be one of the Category 2 cabins at 170+ sf.

Those pictures - those are the aft balconies (CC)? I didn't realize any/all of them had SUCH a major overhang. That stinks!! I think we're in 8102...when we booked our TA was basically foaming at the mouth about how lucky we were to be getting that cabin. Now I wonder if we shouldn't have tried to swing a suite (it's our honeymoon)!

Eh. I'm sure it will be great either way. Thanks for your response!

Those pictures - those are the aft balconies (CC)? I didn't realize any/all of them had SUCH a major overhang. That stinks!! I think we're in 8102...when we booked our TA was basically foaming at the mouth about how lucky we were to be getting that cabin. Now I wonder if we shouldn't have tried to swing a suite (it's our honeymoon)!

Eh. I'm sure it will be great either way. Thanks for your response!

I'm not sure if the perspective is clear in my photos due to shadowing that was taking place at the time. You've got about 1/2 covered and 1/2 uncovered of a very large veranda. It depends upon which way things are turned at the moment, which is no different than other veranda on the boat. On a typical Caribbean itinerary, it seems like you've got a much better chance of having sun at any random time of day than if you're on one of the sides. Your TA might have overreacted just a bit, but these cabins really are rare and usually sought after. If I'm doing CC, that's where you'll find me. In fact, I just made a decision on book dates for the Connie (2 April vs 9 April) based upon availabilty of one.

• 3 weeks later...

We were just upgraded from an Oceanview to CC on the Mercury for our ten night Mexico cruise!!!!

I noticed a lot of the amenities are the same as the Sky suite we had on the Millie (without the butler). I am excited about the change. I don't know if I would have ever booked a CC cabin. It seems way over priced for the few extra perks. Some of them we would have received anyway due to our Elite membership. If you want flowers and champagne and appetizers. You can always order them sent to your cabin once you are the ship at a way cheaper price than booking a CC cabin.

Hi! Does this apply to Cat 2 staterooms also, or just for the higher categories? Thanks!

In a cabin other than concierge class or suite, you can order for room service off the dining room menu for dinner only during the dining room hours.

1st each balcony size really depends on where it is located on the ship, due to the ships profile the sides come in and jut out for interest. You can look at the diagrams of each deck in Celebrity's brochure and see which rooms have larger balconies and then see if some of those rooms with larger balconies aren't still available on your cruise date then you can switch. As mentioned before the aft (very back of the ship) cabins have the largest balconies then there are a few mixed amongst the suites that are almost as large, so on and so on - just look at the deck layouts and you can see the difference.

As for special items for honeymoons, anniversarys, etc. They used to have a list of special packages you could purchase on their website. Now that they are redoing the site the only thing I could find is you can email them at celebrityspecialservices@celebrity.com or call them at 888-826-8495 and they will discuss what is available they may have something they can fax you, I don't know. But I know they used to have decorations you can buy that would hang in your room and on the door in the hallway. They also had packages that included a picture and a frame, champagne, massages, etc. Also, we always sail during our Anniversary - #11 coming up this April yipee! and it is noted on our reservation that we are celebrating this occasion and we have always been brought a cake to our dinner table which we always share with our tablemates - seen them for weddings & b-days too and those are free.

As far as what you will get included in your CC room that you wouldn't in a standard balcony is you will get a bottle of champagne I believe upon arrival, better bedding (important on special occasions!), fresh fruit every day, flowers in the room, hors dourves each afternoon, better towels and shower head in the bathroom, a larger table on the balcony that you can have breakfast at each morning, and the list goes on. These are some pretty cool perks I think.

Hope that helps, I am sure you will have fun! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

But it is dressed like a dining room table & cushioned chairs, that they get salt water coated they are covered in fitted blankets for you. Very good toiletries also with breath mints & sewing kit. Binocculars & umbrellas also. Special menus for breakfast-dinner. Last evening CC gets a large Celebrity leatherlike tote that folds to fit into a purse that they represent it with. Hopefully repeaters get something different each cruise............ we got 2 so far with 2 CC cruises.

1st each balcony size really depends on where it is located on the ship, due to the ships profile the sides come in and jut out for interest. You can look at the diagrams of each deck in Celebrity's brochure and see which rooms have larger balconies and then see if some of those rooms with larger balconies aren't still available on your cruise date then you can switch. As mentioned before the aft (very back of the ship) cabins have the largest balconies then there are a few mixed amongst the suites that are almost as large, so on and so on - just look at the deck layouts and you can see the difference.

As for special items for honeymoons, anniversarys, etc. They used to have a list of special packages you could purchase on their website. Now that they are redoing the site the only thing I could find is you can email them at celebrityspecialservices@celebrity.com or call them at 888-826-8495 and they will discuss what is available they may have something they can fax you, I don't know. But I know they used to have decorations you can buy that would hang in your room and on the door in the hallway. They also had packages that included a picture and a frame, champagne, massages, etc. Also, we always sail during our Anniversary - #11 coming up this April yipee! and it is noted on our reservation that we are celebrating this occasion and we have always been brought a cake to our dinner table which we always share with our tablemates - seen them for weddings & b-days too and those are free.

As far as what you will get included in your CC room that you wouldn't in a standard balcony is you will get a bottle of champagne I believe upon arrival, better bedding (important on special occasions!), fresh fruit every day, flowers in the room, hors dourves each afternoon, better towels and shower head in the bathroom, a larger table on the balcony that you can have breakfast at each morning, and the list goes on. These are some pretty cool perks I think.

Hope that helps, I am sure you will have fun! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

We had one of the aft CC cabins on our December cruise and it was terrirfic! The aft cabins on Deck 9 are pretty much totally covered, but the balconies get larger as you go to lower decks. I am not much of a sun person, so I did not mind the shade, but for Jennie on deck 8, there will be lots of sun Actually, the covered parts of the balcony will be quite nice for you on your honeymoon since that part is completely private! ;)

As for specila items on the CC menu for breakfast, there was a mixed berry granola parfait (very good), smoothies (really good), an asparagus omelette (good but a little dry), all sorts of breakfast stuff like smoked salmon, etc. I can't remember most of them, but we had breakfast in our cabin or on the balcony every singel morning!

It was only a tiny bit more for CC and for us it was well worth it.

Linda

Archived