Ultimate cruisetour to Alaska packing list?

chloes nana

Okay, so now I am planning our next trip for next August, we are doing the Cruisetour #6 on the Zuiderdam SB from Anchorage, 10 days land and 5 cruise. How do you pack for this kind of trip?? Is there laundry along the way or do you just pack for the 10 days and then wash on the ship? I know to layer but want to pack the minimum I need, not alot of extras. My DH and I are not fussy so minimal is best. Any suggestions or sites to see??? Just starting out so could use the help and suggestions of my CC fans again. And feedback from others that have done this or similar cruisetours?? thanks!;)

You are right the clue is to layer..Don't do what we did!

We went last Aug & took 3 bags with too many clothes, plus both took a small rolling bag...Much too much!:eek::eek:

We had one bag for our land which was only 7 days...We took some dressy slacks & tops for the land & they were not needed at all... Everything on the land tour including all the restaurants are very casual..

We packed our formal wear & evening clothes for the ship in a rolling garment bag & paid $25.00 extra for it..Packed another bag with daytime clothes for the ship..

Suggest you pack one bag for both of you for the land tour..You will only need very casual clothes & only one bag for the ship with formal wear & other clothes in it..

When you board the ship you can send out laundry by the bag or depending on the ship do some of your own laundry..

Have a wonderful time..Alaska is awesome..

Betty

Archived