Just Returned From Poescia- Never Again

Bonnielass

Man Overboard, How was your transatlantic crusie on the Poesia? What was the ship like? How was the crew? Details we need Details. :D

We are on the Poesia next month and can't wait.

Thank you for your help.

I have just submitted my review of Poesia and it should post in a day or two. Cam is right, the meals are 7 courses with the cheese course and she's also right about getting "better cheddar!" I asked for gorgonzola and they brought it out a half pound at a time! I would always take it back to our room for sail away parties. As I say in my review - ask for Murat in the Fontane dining room and tell him Curt and Amy sent you.

So glad to hear it. You can see I am being raked over the coals on the other post of ...just wait... This is the kind of reviews that we experienced on our cruise. We are doing a Poesia cruise Nov 30 and cannot wait. ( BY the way, it is 7 course meal....you forgot the cheese served! And after 2 days of the same cheese our waiter brought us out the better cheeses... really good stuff! ) So glad to hear positive stuff. Pls go on that other thread and post something. Would love to lose this thread but glad you are posting positive stuff. I totally agree with all that was said. it was my experience totally.! You get what you give! A smile and a warm manner reaps rewards!

Consider it posted! My plan is to follow those two BOBs (Bullies on Boards:D) around and post positive to their every attack. People easily read between the lines and they do more damage to their credibility with their every post. I would ask you to write a full review of Poesia (if you have not already done so) so we have more permanent records of how great a ship and crew MSC has.

Cam and other fans of MSC - don't let the BOBs win!

Cam and other fans of MSC - don't let the BOBs win!

I wholeheated agree with you!!!!!

As I was taught by my parents that you get more with sugar then with Vinegar.

A smile and a kind word goes a lot further then a scowl and a complaint!!!!

I can't wait for our cruise next month on the Poesia, and we are bringing a lot of "virgin" cruisers with us. They are all excited about their first cruise.

Thanks a lot for that! They were bullying me and insulting my character and making making fun of me... did you read where they said they were sorry for my husband. That was uncalled for. Thanks for the positive stuff you also post. Thanks for going on that thread and supporting me. It was uncalled for on their part. That is not saying that they do not have a right to an opinion. But they posted a all or nothing post and others need to hear all of it and then make a decision based on the reasons why someone hates or loves the cruise.

Tom and Gerry: We leave SOON, but will not be back to tell you about it until Dec 21 when we get home. We are doing 2 cruises while we are down there. One on MSC and then followed by Jewel of the Seas on Dec 11 -21. I know you are doing the Christmas cruise, so happy holidays to you ...and wonderful cruise. I will post ( did anyone have any doubts? LOL!) when I return.

If you were more astute you would have seen my retraction in commenting about transatlantic cruise from Poesia, I was refering to 2010 Sept. cruise which is coming from Germany, glad you enjoyed your cruise, guess i`m too aggresive in defending the cruiseline as i feel its unwaranted.

If you were more astute you would have seen my retraction in commenting about transatlantic cruise from Poesia, I was refering to 2010 Sept. cruise which is coming from Germany, glad you enjoyed your cruise, guess i`m too aggresive in defending the cruiseline as i feel its unwaranted.[/

LOL. You should talk! Get your facts right before posting.

\ As I say in my review - ask for Murat in the Fontane dining room and tell him Curt and Amy sent you.

We actually had Murat serve us during one breakfast in the Fontana. He was stationed on the starboard side of the restaurant, and we had assigned dining on the port side of the restaurant with Newman. Murat would do this fake, tripping on the carpet routine to startle his guests. I know that it definitely woke up friends seated in the table next to ours that had come into the dining room half asleep. I wondered if he did that with you too? Newman would do something similar with the cup and saucers, pretending to drop it with the spoon in the cup handle, preventing it from dropping to the floor. We had had the best dining room service on the Poesia that we have had on any ship or cruise line. Newman would always look for us at breakfast and lunch times, and would come and visit with us if we were seated in another area of the dining room. He would ask if there was anything that we wanted, and was so happy to provide the service. He would float around the dining room if he was not busy with other guests, and would help the other waiters get food orders out without being asked. I never saw another waiter work as hard as Newman did, and I could tell that he thoroughly enjoyed it, and he loved staying busy. We sure miss all that service after our Nov 15-20 Poesia cruise ended.

We actually had Murat serve us during one breakfast in the Fontana. He was stationed on the starboard side of the restaurant, and we had assigned dining on the port side of the restaurant with Newman. Murat would do this fake, tripping on the carpet routine to startle his guests. I know that it definitely woke up friends seated in the table next to ours that had come into the dining room half asleep. I wondered if he did that with you too? Newman would do something similar with the cup and saucers, pretending to drop it with the spoon in the cup handle, preventing it from dropping to the floor. We had had the best dining room service on the Poesia that we have had on any ship or cruise line. Newman would always look for us at breakfast and lunch times, and would come and visit with us if we were seated in another area of the dining room. He would ask if there was anything that we wanted, and was so happy to provide the service. He would float around the dining room if he was not busy with other guests, and would help the other waiters get food orders out without being asked. I never saw another waiter work as hard as Newman did, and I could tell that he thoroughly enjoyed it, and he loved staying busy. We sure miss all that service after our Nov 15-20 Poesia cruise ended.

Thank you for your post! I had a special treat delivered on a formal night and it was "the spoon through coffee cup handle trick with dried mousse in the cup". I must have laughed for 10 minutes. Murat would also do "magic" tricks for us at the end of the meal. They all work so hard in the dining room and then they find time to try to make it fun as well. I am so glad you had the same great service that we had on Poesia!

Archived