Hawksbill Beach

gibbsgirl

Hi Gibbsgirl,

In answer to your questions; yes and yes. Sorry but I don't remember what the price was for a day pass. I was there for several hours and snorkelled without purchasing the pass which was allowed.

Pics from my cruise including several of Hawksbill can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcho/

If you have any other questions just let me know.

David.

Hi David...Thanks for your reply and link to photos. Hawksbill Beach looks really nice. Our ship will dock in Antigua for the day in mid February and we hoped to get to Hawksbill for snorkeling/beach day. Were there taxis at the dock available to get there? Is there another beach you might recommend where we might snorkel right off the beach?

Hi Gibbsgirl,

Taxis at the dock?? Hmmmm, let's see...I think there may be one or two...just kidding :) Other than St. Thomas, I've never saw more taxis at the dock so don't worry about getting a cab.

According to our driver the two best snorkelling beaches in Antigua are Long Bay (Pineapple Beach) and Hawksbill. Hawksbill is about 15min from port and Long Bay is on the other side of the Island.

Hawksbill is definitely an excellent snorkelling spot and there are many fish right off the beach. Not much around in amenities but I think that made for a nice quiet beach.

I remember paying $15 each way for the cab to Hawksbill but my driver said the usual charge is $20 one way. He gave me a discount because I toured the Island with him in the morning before lunch. HTH.

David.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in email contact with the resort (Hawksbill Beach Resort) and it's $60 US for an all-inclusive day pass, as if you were a regular guest (except ,of course, no room). Change facilities, drinks, breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc

http://www.hawksbill.com/index.html

Hawksbill is a 20-miniute cab ride from St. John's Harbour, and youi can call the morning of arrival to say you're coming.

It's a beautiful spot, so $60 is probably worth it. However, I believe a day pass is little less expensive at other resorts like Pineapple Beach.

Archived