Charlie Soto Tour B-4 ...Did you do this tour?

geri

I'm thinking about doing the 7 hour tour B-4 with Charlie Soto. This tour includes:

* Crocodile Man jungle boat tour

* Jaco Beach

* Stop for coffee beans/vanilla

If you've done this tour can you tell me:

1. What was the price per person (his web site does not list)?

2. Your experience at each stop? (ie. was it worth it?)

Thank You!

I just got home from a cruise that stopped in Puntarenus on Friday. We had booked the B-4 tour with Charlie.

It wasn't quite the tour he listed on his website (ie. we didn't go to Jaco Beach or stop for shopping at a grocery store) or what he had written to me in email. However, it still turned out to be a good tour. We ended up having lunch at the Crocodile Jungle Boat tour and that was a very interesting part of the tour. We ended up with Ricardo as our guide and he advised us at the beginning of the tour that he was actually a driver and not a guide. There seemed to be a mixup with the number of people on the tour so they scrambled to get a bus to take all the people who showed up at the pier.

We saw some beautiful scenery of the country. We stopped at a roadside market and had fresh pineapple and other local fruit. They pulled off to another roadside stand to pick up water for everyone as there was none in the bus even though there was supposed to be sodas and beer. We fed cappuchin monkeys behind someone's home. We were taken to a beautiful hotel (Villa Caletas) that had amazing views of south (Jaco Beach) and north.

The cost was $90 pp. We enjoyed the tour even though we didn't do everything we were told we would do.

Archived