CARNIVAL KIDS PROGRAM....ages question

codypaints

We are looking forward to sailing on the Dream on 1/16/10. Coincidently, this is our first brave step to sail with ANYONE other than Celebrity--we are die hard fans. Since our kids were much smaller when we have sailed in the past, we are virgins to the kids program idea...we have just taken the kids with us when we did things. This will be our first experience!:p

That being said, this ship looked PERFECT for our 3 munchkins, ages 7 (2nd grade), 5 (kindergarten) and will-be-2 yrs old. I am very concerned about how they break up the kids' program. My 2 older kids are only 2yrs apart (almost to the day) and play together ALL THE TIME. It seems as though I saw before that they put 2-5 yrs together, which is stupid if you think about child development. My 5 yr old is reading, doing math, can swim, play Wii, etc, much like my 7 yr old. My 2 yr old is not even potty trained and still takes a nap!! LOL!

So I was hoping perhaps I could get some clarification from fellow parents-n-cruisers about the kids program.:rolleyes:

Thanks!

Lynne

from blustery Colorado

Lynne,

Welcome to Cruise Critic! This question comes up often with parents cruising with kids and the answers vary. If there are not a lot of kids present on your cruise the counselors may move your younger child up to be with the older sibling. We have cruised with kids ages 5, 6, 9 and 11. The two younger ones ended up getting put together in the same group last October on the Legend. I just asked very nicely the first night during sign up if we could put them together. On the other hand I've also read about cruises where there are a lot of kids and the counselors will not move children into a different age group.

You may want to check out the family cruising section in the Special Interest Cruising section. There are several great people over there that can answer just about any question you have.:D

Archived