Best snorkeling - St Thomas, St Martin or Grand Turk?

mishdoob

Hi all, we'll be on the Emerald Princess Thanksgiving week, which goes to Princess Cays, St. T, St M, and Grand Turk with our 21-yr old daughter and her friend. The girls would like to snorkel. Where do you recommend of our stops would have the best snorkeling with vibrant colors? We've been to St T and St M a number of times and have gone to beaches, and last year in St T went on the "shipwreck" snorkel (which we thought was just OK), but wanted to know if anyone had any particular recommendations. We have snorkeled on West Caribbean which seemed to have better "prettier" snorkeling, so maybe we were spoiled? Either via ship excursion or reliable private excursion. -

Thanks very much - appreciate your thoughts!

• 2 weeks later...

We did a snorkeling excursion on the Catamaran the Dancing Dolphin in St. Thomas. It was a power snorkeling trip to Bucks Island nature reserve and we saw green sea turtles, a stingray, and many different fish and coral. We had a fabulous time.

I'm going to be travelling with my sister and she doesn't snorkel. Could she just "tag along" on this excursion. We're fine with paying (full price) for her even though she won't actually snorkel, but just wondering if the logistics would allow for her to come along, but not snorkel with everybody.

We did a snorkeling excursion on the Catamaran the Dancing Dolphin in St. Thomas. It was a power snorkeling trip to Bucks Island nature reserve and we saw green sea turtles, a stingray, and many different fish and coral. We had a fabulous time.

I'm going to be travelling with my sister and she doesn't snorkel. Could she just "tag along" on this excursion. We're fine with paying (full price) for her even though she won't actually snorkel, but just wondering if the logistics would allow for her to come along, but not snorkel with everybody.

We picked up to women who were staying at the Mariott Hotel on our way and they just came along for the ride. The power snorkel was easy to use and our 15 year old who is a capable swimmer went 15 feet down with the instructor and really got the most out of the power snorkel but the rest of us really enjoyed not having to work so hard to move around in the water. What I liked about this particular trip was how the crew really read people the riot act about touching or frightening the turtles. There was no feeding the turtles or stingrays and no guarentee that you would see them.

Archived