Were you asked for the consent letter

jerseygirl79

I am not a lawyer but have been through a somewhat complicated divorce. I would suggest checking with your lawyer as to what, if any travel restrictions exist concerning your child who, based upon your prior post, is the subject of a pending divorce and/or custody action. These rules may apply not only to international but also interstate travel and/or travel notifications to the court. I would suggest following the advice of your lawyer to the letter.

I am not a lawyer but have been through a somewhat complicated divorce. I would suggest checking with your lawyer as to what, if any travel restrictions exist concerning your child who, based upon your prior post, is the subject of a pending divorce and/or custody action. These rules may apply not only to international but also interstate travel and/or travel notifications to the court. I would suggest following the advice of your lawyer to the letter.

Best advice yet!

• 3 weeks later...
DH and I are sailing in Nov with his 5 y/o daughter. I've typed up a consent letter for him to have her mother sign. He is now insisting he has rights and doesn't need her permission. I have a feeling he's been speaking to my MIL.....LOL. In any case her mother has approved of her going with us and I don't know why he won't just get the letter signed.

My mother sailed with my 6 y/o brother in May and was never asked for her letter, even though she had it. Do they normally ask?

I took my neice (different last name) and made sure I had the notarized permission letter. I was never even asked.

IMHO - It is better to have and not need it, then not have and need it.

• 5 weeks later...

With all the drama that went on over Christmas with that dad trying to get his son back from Brazil really made me think that if the mother had had to provide a letter from the father stating that she could take him out of the country, none of what went on might have happened. I'm sure the dad had to of known that something wasn't right with his marriage before she left but still...:eek:

With all the drama that went on over Christmas with that dad trying to get his son back from Brazil really made me think that if the mother had had to provide a letter from the father stating that she could take him out of the country, none of what went on might have happened. I'm sure the dad had to of known that something wasn't right with his marriage before she left but still...

Unfortunately, he knew that she was taking his ds out of the country. She was supposed to come back 2 weeks later. :o

Archived