??about self tour

vdarrell

We do not have an excursion booked for our October cruise for Grand Cayman and I have a few ???? if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

We would like to see

1.Hell

2.Turtle Farm

3.Tortuga Rum Co

4. Queen Elizabeth Botanic Park

5. Rum Point

6. Need to know where the Hard Rock Cafe is....very important to DH

Could someone please tell me in what order to see these and is it realistic to do all that.

Another ??? is which taxi cabs do we look for I thought I read that some are not very reliable.

Also does anyone have any other ideas on what to see or do along those ideas.

The Hard Rock Cafe is right in downtown George Town at 43 South Church Street. It is a short walk from any of the three tender docks. Just turn right as you leave the tender dock and look for the HRC on the left (inland) side of the road.

Hell and the Turtle Farm (a.k.a. Boatswain's Beach) are both in the district of West Bay. That is about 7 miles to the north of where the tenders dock. Many taxis offer tours which include Hell and the Turtle Farm and also stop at the Tortuga Rum Co. Tortuga is located at the edge of the Industrial Park , about two miles northeast from the tender docks.

Note taxis to/from the Turtle Farm and Hell are generally shared taxis. Taxi drivers may have you wait while the taxi fills.

The Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park and Rum Point are in the district of North Side. The Botanic Park is the closer (by road) of the two and is about a 35 minute (and ~17 mile) drive from the tender docks. Rum Point is a further 15 minutes and 10 more miles along. It is generally much cheaper to rent a car rather than pay for a taxi to these more remote destinations.

Generally it is difficult to combine Hell and the Turtle Farm along with Rum Point or the Botanic Park in a single tour.

Archived