How long for complaint to be answered?

We put in a letter of complaint to RCL through our TA and wondered how long we should give them to reply?

Basically we booked flights along with our cruise and when we arrived at airport we were told only 3 people had paid for baggage, in the end we had to pay for the extra passenger to be able to take luaage on plane.

This only happened on return flight and the airline insisited that RCL had booked 4 flights but baggage for 3. Called to TA and after ringing RCL they said the complaint had to be put in writing. it was not a large amount of money but was not a nice experience at airport.

We have reserved another cruise and have to pay depostit by 24th and I am reluctant to go ahead with this booking until we get an answer to our complaint. Our TA is off on holiday this week so will contact her on monday when she returns, is 2 weeks to short a time to expect and answer from RCL as to how this happened?

thanks

I wouldn't have filed a letter of complaint. I would simply send them copies of receipts showing that you did pay for 4 people's luggage, and a copy of a receipt showing the extra charge for the 4th person, with a reimbursement request.

I wouldn't have filed a letter of complaint. I would simply send them copies of receipts showing that you did pay for 4 people's luggage, and a copy of a receipt showing the extra charge for the 4th person, with a reimbursement request.

Why would you not have complained? What would have happened if I had been at airport and had not got the money to pay the extra? I booked the complete package with RCL even though I could have booked the flights cheaper myself thinking it would be easier.

I did ask for a reembursment and send reciept, I am not looking anything over this in case anyone things I am looking compensation lol All I want is my money back and to find out who was at fault. Standing in an airport checkin in front of 100's of passengers being spoken to rudely and told " you should have paid for 4 peoples luggage , you have only paid for 3" when I know I paid for 4 was no fun.

Who do you complain to, the T/A who might have dropped the ball, the cruise line that may or may not have been the go between or the air line.

I complained to TA who rang RCL while I was there and they asked for the complaint in writing which I did and gave letter to TA who where to forward it to RCL along with a letter from themselves.

Nice to see others never recieved a response for their complaints lol

Left one complaint on the end-of-cruise critique form, leaving name, phone number, and e-mail address. Followed that up with an e-mail complaint to RCCL. It has been over 4 years and I have never heard any response.

I would give it another year.....the cutbacks have affected the complaint department, too, so they may be a little slower than usual.:p

:mad:

Basically we booked flights along with our cruise and when we arrived at airport we were told only 3 people had paid for baggage, in the end we had to pay for the extra passenger to be able to take luaage on plane.

Iit was not a large amount of money but was not a nice experience at airport.

We have reserved another cruise and have to pay depostit by 24th and I am reluctant to go ahead with this booking until we get an answer to our complaint.

thanks

Let's see, you spent more than a thousand plus to go on the trip,

got there WITH all your luggage, had great cruise, survived 2 plane trips, and got home with ALL your luggage? I'd say you did better than many do,

what with lost luggage, missed connections, general manhandling of air

passengers, no food on planes, etc.

Is it worth all the aggravation you're giving yourself for a measly $25 per bag? You probably drank that much in one day on the ship.

My advice: Book your flight separately for your next cruise, don't buy the fly and sail packages. You'll save a bundle and can use the savings to pay for unexpected fees.

Take this as a learning experience.:)

Has anyone tried a certified letter to the CEO? Nothing making demands or anything, but an honest "Hey, I was on a recent cruise and there were some disappointments I wanted you to be aware of" letter? I find that spending the 2 - 3 dollars for a certified letter is worth it, as I've always ended up getting a response, even if it is from their secretary or someone in customer relations.

Just a thought... :D

:mad:

Let's see, you spent more than a thousand plus to go on the trip,

got there WITH all your luggage, had great cruise, survived 2 plane trips, and got home with ALL your luggage? I'd say you did better than many do,

what with lost luggage, missed connections, general manhandling of air

passengers, no food on planes, etc.

Is it worth all the aggravation you're giving yourself for a measly $25 per bag? You probably drank that much in one day on the ship.

My advice: Book your flight separately for your next cruise, don't buy the fly and sail packages. You'll save a bundle and can use the savings to pay for unexpected fees.

Take this as a learning experience.:)

Do not think it matter if I paid 100 or 1000 when I book a complete holiday or anything else for that matter I expect a compete service, I would not think expecting evrything to be covered is to much to ask. What is teh point of RCL selling a fly and cruise if they do not book it all correctly?

As for drinking that much on the ship in one day, I do not drink.

As for your advice about booking flights seperatly next time, think I have worked that one out myself.

Thanks for your VERY HELPFUL post.

• 5 weeks later...

I recieved a letter from RCL within a few weks saying they were looking at complaint and today recieved letter saying they had investigated and the problem seemed to be with airline rather than with RCL but they did apoligise that it had happened and refunded charges we had.

I know it was not a lot of money but more a case of them knowing what had happened and maybe it would be avoided next time.

I recieved a letter from RCL within a few weks saying they were looking at complaint and today recieved letter saying they had investigated and the problem seemed to be with airline rather than with RCL but they did apoligise that it had happened and refunded charges we had.

I know it was not a lot of money but more a case of them knowing what had happened and maybe it would be avoided next time.

I am glad there was a happy ending. :)

You know the same thing happened to us too but the airline sorted it out eventually.

I am glad there was a happy ending. :)

Well did not stop us booking again as you can see from our coundown lol

You know the same thing happened to us too but the airline sorted it out eventually.

From speaking to TA seems to have happened a few times, not just RCL though but other companies as well who book the flights through low cost airline.

We have booked our own flighst for next time and have made sure bags paid for each leg of journey there and back lol

Archived