mykonos ,santorini w/ small children?? Suggestions?/

lvjv

We will be cruising on Celebrity Solstice and will be in Mykonos , santorini ports . I am really worried since I will have my two year old with me and she weighs about 30 lbs. I cannot carry her everwhere and from what I hear it is alot of walking and steps and not very stroller friendly . Has anyone done these ports with small children? What do you recommend? Should I arrange a private tour ?? Please help

We will be cruising on Celebrity Solstice and will be in Mykonos , santorini ports . I am really worried since I will have my two year old with me and she weighs about 30 lbs. I cannot carry her everwhere and from what I hear it is alot of walking and steps and not very stroller friendly . Has anyone done these ports with small children? What do you recommend? Should I arrange a private tour ?? Please help

I can only speak for Santorini as I've not been to Mykonos. While it is not "stroller friendly" I don't think it would be out of the question to take one. From memory, the main walk through Oia was not over many steps and the odd steps are OK with a stroller. If you have one of those small, umbrella type strollers I would suggest taking that because where it is difficult to push, you could just hold your little girl and fold up the stroller. I also think that the paths in Oia were smoother than Fira which were very cobbled.

Why not got to the beach at Mykonos? Platy Gialos is a well-run family beach on the south side of the island; you can get buses from the south side of Mykonos town. Once you get to the beach there are restaurants & hotels backing onto it, and loungers/sunshades on the beach. You pay for the lounger/sunshade and then you can use the facilities of the restaurant 'behind' where you're sat, so you've got access to toilets, etc.

The bus ride is about 10 or 15 minutes, quite slow. Best thing is to buy your bus ticket(s) before you get on the bus, at various mini-markets.

We were in both places a few weeks ago (also on Celebrity Solstice) and neither is stroller friendly.

Well, let me say that there are areas that can handle a stroller but to see all of Mykonos Town, you will be doing a lot of stair climbing. If you stay in the main part, down by the water, you will be OK and have a good time too.

Santorini is different. I am not pitching the excursions but you may wish to consider the ships excursion in Santorini as it takes you to a different dock and to Oia as well as Fira.

I don't know what type of stroller you have but, the bigger the wheels the better to get over the rough roads and cobblestones. I saw several folks with those small wheeled stroller and they really struggled.

I don't know if you are going to Rhodes and Ephasus as well but the same goes for there. Consider a stroller with large wheels.

lvjv just back from med cruise stopping on those port you mention i took my 3 year old with no problem and i did all the the island by ourself. yes there will be alot of lifting so bring a small stroller unbrella any question just asked me. the port we did was venice/ monte carlo/santorini/mykonos/curfu/katakolon/rome/turkey/ and mind you i have 3 luggage plus handy carry lol

• 4 weeks later...

We are leaving on Fri with our Three year old.:eek:

We stop at Mykonos in addition to Venice, Rome, Kusadasi, Cairo and more. Should we take the Jeep jogging stroller or the umbrella type Maclaren? I love the way the jeep handels bumps and has storage but it's heavy, the Macclaren has a small basket but is light.

Now that you've gone (i think) do you have more suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived