Egypt Tours -Recommendations?

jettman

We will be in Alexandria on Nov 18 from 8-6pm and disembark in Port Said the morning of the 19th. We are planning a half day on the 19th in Cairo and a full day in Cairo on the 20th. We have the following questions:

1. Sights to see in Alexandria and Cairo - can we see all the pyramids during this time, how do we schedule the light show, I've read mixed things about the Nile cruise, etc

2. Weather in November?

3. Tour company recommendations - I've seen Moustafa and Ramses referenced on the Boards. Anyone else that comes highly recommended?

Thanks!

We booked through our Travel Agent with Egyptian Express http://www.egyptianexpress.com/shore_excursions.html

They are a first class company with all the amenities, and will work with you to design a custom tour. They are not the least expensive, but we think they are the best!

Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/holyland2.html

It really is best to plan on two full days in Cairo, and even then you will not see everything. I hear Alexandria is interesting, BUT every minute you spend in Cairo is at some spot you have heard about all your life! I would give the time to Cairo if that is the choice. It is a three hour drive from Alex or Port Said to Cairo and a three hour drive back.

Both the light show and the Nile cruise get mixed reviews. You have to read the threads and decide which is right for you. Remember that the Nile at this point is flowing through the big city of Cairo, so you ARE on the Nile but it is really not so romantic as some people visualize.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived