Cabbage Beach Safe for a Solo?

Debbie & Jim

My DH plans to stay on board in Nassau and I'd like to take a cab to Cabbage Beach. Since we will only be in Nassau from 8:30 - 2, I don't want to splurge for $85 beach pass at Atlantis. Is it safe to stroll Cabbage beach alone at that time? Can a person walk quite a distance? How far is the walk to the beach over the dunes from the taxi drop off at the beach access? Also, when I'm ready to return, are there plenty of taxis available at the access to get back to the ship. I don't want to put myself in an unsafe position - but would hate to miss this beautiful beach and hopefully good surf! Thanks for the info.

It's a short walk to the beach from the drop off point. I've been there in the morning, and there were always a lot of people around. There will be plenty of taxis when you are ready to go back. Though, being alone, you will likely have to wait until they have enough people to take back, so allow yourself enough time.

As far as being a woman alone, I would certainly be cautious. There will probably be several people from your ship heading to the public beach as well, so I would try to look as though I was part of a group.

Archived