P&O None Cruise Related Topics

stopgo

As posts keep getting deleted for presumably straying from the designated topic. I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where regular P&Os could discuss anything and everything.

Good idea or Bad idea let me know what you think.

Yes, I don't see a problem with that. What really annoys me is when posts disappear, for no apparent reason, without explanation, especially those which I have taken the time to write.

I often stray from the original topic as my mind does tend to wander somewhat.... but that's another story.

I have been missing some of the more compelling / interesting discussions that we were having prior to "censorship" Would the real culprit make themselves known to us now.

To my mind a post should only be deleted if there is a complaint from a fellow C/C member. I don't buy this argument that posts should be pulled if they stray from the topic, the moderator thinks it's unhelpful for newcomers if we don't keep to the topic. This is clearly nonsense as most topics are answered in the first few posts, add to the fact that virtually all topics have have been covered on countless threads on the P/O messageboard. I also believe that majority of P/O members don't want posts deleted, and that their opinion should hold sway over the few newcomers we get on this M/B.

Regarding your point Rosebasket the moderator will sometimes only want to delete one post, ofcourse doing this means that previous posts won't make any sense, so they have to go as well. This is frustrating for everybody else, who's posts have disappeared for no good reason.

Let's face it, if we were all in the pub / cafe having a conversation it would be natural to wander through numerous topics. We wouod not stick to just the one, would we?

Why would a forum not reflect real life?

This post will probably get deleted now! :)

Gerry

Let's face it, if we were all in the pub / cafe having a conversation it would be natural to wander through numerous topics. We wouod not stick to just the one, would we?

Why would a forum not reflect real life?

This post will probably get deleted now! :)

Gerry

How else do we put the world to rights:D whisper...."maybe the don't in the US"....end whisper:D:D

As posts keep getting deleted for presumably straying from the designated topic. I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where regular P&Os could discuss anything and everything.

Good idea or Bad idea let me know what you think.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209

Start a thread here in the Floataway Lounge and you can discuss anything you like to your hearts content

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209

Start a thread here in the Floataway Lounge and you can discuss anything you like to your hearts content

I'm afraid the Floataway Lounge doesn't cut it, for a start I've never found a name/person I recognise on there. The Floataway Lounge consists mainly of U/S members taking part in quizes and items that are U/S related. The whole idea is for regular P&O members to be able to discuss anything and everything and not be tied down by the title of the thread.

I'm afraid the Floataway Lounge doesn't cut it, for a start I've never found a name/person I recognise on there. The Floataway Lounge consists mainly of U/S members taking part in quizes and items that are U/S related. The whole idea is for regular P&O members to be able to discuss anything and everything and not be tied down by the title of the thread.

Have to admit, I don;t like the floataway lounge - its too big - I did suggest once that it could be split into games & non games, so that things that got moved there (non cruising stuff - it happened a lot on the cunard forum!) didn't get lost in the games - but as yet, nothing has come of it.

I think, generally, as long as you don't push the rules (& get people reporting you) much is left alone - the moderators can't read everything - but if someone gets nasty & is reported then the whole thread can get examined.

We have a group of UK ladies and one US lady over there and we chat to our hearts content about anything and everything, often putting the world to rights. If you put P&O in the title of your thread I don't think you would get many people from the US joining you, we don't.

Also a few of the ladies book mark the thread so they don't have to trawl through all the games.

Just trying to be helpful

What I'm hoping with this Thread is that any of the regulars on this Messageboard, can come on here and discuss anything or put point view across, and get an immediate response from fellow P&O posters. Without being tied to a Cruise topic title.

Have to admit, I don;t like the floataway lounge - its too big - I did suggest once that it could be split into games & non games, so that things that got moved there (non cruising stuff - it happened a lot on the cunard forum!) didn't get lost in the games - but as yet, nothing has come of it.

I think, generally, as long as you don't push the rules (& get people reporting you) much is left alone - the moderators can't read everything - but if someone gets nasty & is reported then the whole thread can get examined.

The only thing Karen is that the " rules " cover just about everything, it's then up to the moderator whether he wants to enforce them or not. Straying from the thread title is my main concern, and why the majority of posts get deleted, which is the reason why this thread is in my opinion a good idea. As for unpleasent or nasty posts compared to other M/Bs it doesn't happen here. Yes there are heated discussions and disagreements put that's all part of a discussion forum. I have never read any name calling, or seen any threats to anybody. Which as I have already said, is more than I can say for the other major messageboard. I am pleased to say in the 24hr period after I started this thread, there have been over 140 views. Which in my opinion is a pleasing response, hopefully maybe one or two will post something that will get the P&O regulars talking and posting about.

The answer to the first question would be yes, not unless P&O are disbanding their Cruise Community forum.

Don't know to the second question, but I guess they are already here, under different names, or using the same or similar name.

The main aim is to be able to continue discussions/conversations when they depart from the thread topic, without posts being deleted.

Anyone know a cat assassin?

I Know a Cat apult, could they be related?

Spike the dog killed Tom (a la Tom and Jerry) a few times, you might try Fred Quimby LA, CA, though thinking about it he's dead too!;)

A Question for Norfolk Brit, What does NFN stand for on Doctors notes, when patients are transferred from Norwich to other areas? I have never been able to find out. Thanks in anticipation:)

Uncruise related enough Stopgo? or will this be confined to the mods electronic dustbin too?

A Question for Norfolk Brit, What does NFN stand for on Doctors notes, when patients are transferred from Norwich to other areas? I have never been able to find out. Thanks in anticipation:)

It stands for 'Normal For Norfolk', meaning the patient has at least six (webbed) toes on each foot, and myriad other problems caused by inter-breeding. Many years ago, I also saw: 'I've met the mother, I've met the father, I've met the children, I've met the pet rabbit. Easily the most intelligent was the rabbit'.

Mary

Thanks, it's much clearer now and makes more sence! I'd hate to think if anyone from Norfolk bred with anyone from Halifax, webbed extremeties and ugly as gargoyles (and that's the good looking ones) might create a new sub species. I suppose thats why there are no motorways out of Norfolk to the north!:D

Thanks, it's much clearer now and makes more sence! I'd hate to think if anyone from Norfolk bred with anyone from Halifax, webbed extremeties and ugly as gargoyles (and that's the good looking ones) might create a new sub species. I suppose thats why there are no motorways out of Norfolk to the north!:D

Don't laugh - my mother comes from a tiny village just outside Halifax called Luddenden Foot. I imagine that explains a lot.

Mary

Archived